𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨: 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐰𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬

along with his very specific sandwich order, including pickles and the bread squished down very flat, peter bought them some sour gummies.

he also paid for rose's sandwich despite her protests.

"peter, i can't let you pay for my sandwich again." she said.

"but i want to. it's just a five dollar sandwich, rosie. it's okay, really." he replied.

she sighed. "okay, fine. whatever. but i'm getting the next one."

he smiled and nodded. "okay. sounds good."

they got their things and went to the park to eat on a bench.

"i think mister stark has a thing for may." peter spoke up.

"everyone has a thing for aunt may. including me." rose responded with a smirk.

he nudged her. "stop."

"i'm serious!" she exclaimed.

she then cracked a smile and shook her head, causing peter to laugh.

"i'm kidding. but seriously, peteie, i wouldn't worry about it. maybe he does, but you know may. she's a strong woman, she knows what she's doing." she replied.

"yeah, i guess you're right." peter shrugged.

she nodded and took a bite of her sandwich.

after swallowing, she spoke up again.

"peter. is it bad that i get a bad feeling about mister stark? i don't know. i know he's been good to you and he's been a mentor, but he's just seems cocky and very closed-minded. i just feel like...i don't know. i just don't want you to be sucked into something you can't get out of."

"hey, don't worry about that. or me. or mister stark. i promise he's a really good guy, okay?" peter raised his eyebrows.

"are you sure? do you truly trust him?" rose raised her eyebrows.

peter nodded. "yeah, i do."

"okay. okay, then. proceed with your spider activities, but please don't let tony stark get with aunt may. isn't he like...married anyway?"

"no, but he is dating pepper potts, his former assistant." peter answered.

"good, let it stay that way." she responded with a huff.

she took another bite and swallowed.

"plus, i think your aunt and my dad like each other. which is weird because if they got married then we'd be like...step-cousins." she added.

"so? that would be kinda...cool, right?" peter raised his eyebrows. "i'd consider you more of a sister than a cousin, though."

rose's heart dropped.

was she really being sister-zoned by her biggest crush in the whole world?

"oh. your sister." she nodded.

peter could tell she was upset by what he had said. did she not want to be a sister to him? he had no idea what was truly going to the blonde girl's mind in that moment.

"hey. why don't we finish up these sandwiches and dig into those sour gummies." peter spoke up.

her lips turned upward into a small smile.

she was reminded of their little routine they do when they get sandwiches together. eat, then snack on the sour gummies, then peter would watch rose skip around to try to ware of her sugar high and eventually, he would join her.

"okay."

she took another bite of her sandwich and they both ate in silence, just enjoying each other's company before consuming all thst sugar.

AUTHORS NOTE
ugh my children i love them.

more interesting chapters coming soon, i just want to get their relationship built up before we dive into the plot.

okay, that's all from me!

muah,
lea <3