𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐥𝐢𝐳 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐧

"are you excited that peter's back?" alexandra asked as they walked up to the school.

"well of course. he's my best friend." rose answered.

"oh, really? then what am i? invisible?" alex raised her eyebrows.

"no." rose shook her head. "i never said that. but peter's...peter."

she then smiled and bit her lip.

"oh barf." alex rolled her eyes.

"what do you mean 'barf'?" rose questioned.

"i mean your crush on peter is disgusting. it's so juvenile." she replied.

"well, i'm juvenile! so is peter! we're young. we're kids at heart." rose defended.

"you guys are in high school it's time to get over that." alex said.

"that's easy for you to say, you're older than us. let us be." rose replied.

"only by a year." alex reminded.

"okay, whatever, doesn't matter. just...i like peter and that's it." rose said.

"and he likes you." alex added with raised eyebrows.

"yeah, in my dreams." rose muttered.

"why are you being so pessimistic? you're always a glass half full kinda girl, what's gotten into you?" alex asked as she paused in front of the steps.

"peter...a while ago, maybe two months ago, peter basically said i'm like his sister." she confessed.

"he's saying that because he likes you and doesn't think you're interested." alex replied.

"no. no. mm mm. how is that possible? how could he not know that i like him?" rose questioned, her eyebrows furrowed.

"because he's a dumb boy. boys don't know anything. and also, he's peter parker. a professional idiot." alex answered, honestly.

"he's a genius, actually." rose corrected.

"just cause he's a genius doesn't mean he can't be an idiot." alex retorted.

rose sighed. "whatever that means. come on. let's go in."

the two girls then went up the steps and inside of the school.

"i'm gonna go meet some people, but i'll see you later."

"what do you—."

"bye!"

"—mean..."

but alex was already walking away.

rose sighed and went to her locker.

after putting a couple of notebooks in there and grabbing her textbook, she closed it and made her way to peter's locker.

ned was standing behind peter and put a lego up to his ear.

peter turned around with excitement on his face and rose smiled.

she walked up to them and when she got there, she heard one of the cheerleaders next to peter's locker call them lame.

rose smiled at the girl.

"hey, stacey! how are you?" she asked.

"oh, uh, good." the cheerleader replied after stiffening her body.

"good, i'm glad! i just wanted to let you know that i love your diamond earrings! it just sucks that they're fake and you lie to everyone about them being real." rose shrugged.