Chapter 10

Everything felt off. Don't get me wrong. Everything felt off in a good way. Like this would all be over. Soon. Hopefully. Eventually. Maybe. I don't know. Don't ever trust me when it comes to these kind of things.

When i blacked out, i saw all sorts of things. I even saw Shawn wake up. I was stuck in the wall when it happened. I woke up as soon as Steve and them left me in Adam's room.

I flew and stuck to the wall as if i were some sort of magnet. I was there for a little while until i was pushed through to the other side, where Ryan's room was. And where Shawn was.

I saw him get up and leave his body on the bed. It was odd. I heard Ryan say that none of them knew Steve liked Jack.

Was i the only one Steve told about that? I guess i was.

Maybe because i was his cousin. Maybe because i'd known him longest. Maybe because he was most vulnerable when the two of us were alone. Maybe because he just needed someone to tell.

I loved my cousin. He was one of the best people in my life. He could be out of control and crazy, but that's what i loved most about him. He was almost always himself.

When they woke Shawn, i was pushed back through the wall and into Adam's room. Except for one minor detail....

....i was stuck on the ceiling.

I somehow managed to get as used to it as i could and walked into Jack's room. He wasn't in bed. He was sitting on the floor on his phone, watching The Office.

I pulled a rubber band out of my pocket and flung it at him. It hit his head, and he looked up at the ceiling. But he didn't seem to see me and went back to his marathon.

Hold on. Where the fuck did i get a rubber band?

I reached into my pocket and pulled out a banana cream pie. I threw it at Jack, and it landed on his face. He snapped his fingers, and it disappeared. Did we have powers?

I jumped onto the floor, and Jack looked up at me with panic. Then he sighed of relief. "Goddamn, Dan," he said. "Don't scare me like that. Warn me next time."

I shrugged. "Why should i?" i pressed. "It's not like you saw me when i flung the rubber band or threw the pie."

Jack looked me in the eye. "I didn't see you," he said honestly. "I fucking swear it." I nod. "Alright."

"Do you think we'll get out of this?" he asks me. "I hope so," i admit. "I miss it already."

A rush of air goes through me, and i look at my hands. Which aren't there. Jack looks in my direction, and i lift him up. Before we know it, we're standing on the kitchen ceiling.

"OW!" i scream. I had fallen onto the floor between the counter and island.

I look up, and everyone goes into Adam's bedroom. I grab the remote and turn the TV on. All i can hear the theme song for The Loud House.

They all turned around, looking at where i am. Shawn looks up at Jack, and he staggers back. "What's wrong, love?" Tom whispers. Shawn points up at the ceiling, and Tom looks up, gasping when he sees it.

I look up at him, and he stares back at them, not realizing that i'm looking at him.

"What the fuck?" Adam says. They all look up at Jack. "How the hell....?" Ryan mutters.

Jack opens his mouth, trying to talk, but nothing comes out. "Charades!" Steve tells him. Jack puts a finger up. "One word," Chelsea guesses. Jack nods.

"Dan!" Shawn says immediately. Jack facepalms, nodding his head. "Where is he?" Tom asks. Jack looks down at me and points. Steve rushes over and hugs me.

"Okay, that's tight enough," i say, hugging him back. "That's sweet," Chelsea sighs. "You do know they're cousins, right?" Ryan says. Chelsea nods. "I know."

"What about me?" a voice asks. We all look up at Jack. "Hey, i can talk again!" Ryan goes over to where he is, and he puts his arms out. "Jack, i'm gonna need you to jump."