Epilogue

I'm no mystery person. So when i got a text from someone i had almost forgotten about, i didn't know what to think of it. My girlfriend told me to cooperate, so i did.

Which meant i had to book some tickets, then we'd be off to New York.

They had given us the address, so we had to go. They were expecting us, and it would have been disrespectful if we didn’t.

When we reached their apartment, the two of us were extremely hesitant. We hadn't seen any of them in five years. And after what we had done, i figured we'd be the last people they'd want to see.

I finally mustered up the courage to knock, and Jack answered the door, looking almost exactly the same as i had remembered him.

"Hey guys," he said softly. "Ryan, they're here."

Jack's older brother came over and let us in. "Have a seat," he instructed us. He pointed at the couch, and we both did as he said.

"You're probably wondering why you guys were both called here," Adam began.

"No shit," my girlfriend snapped. I slapped her shoulder. "Be nice!" i hissed. "Yeah, we're wondering," she said, her sass toned down a bit.

"We wanted to talk," Jack said. He was sitting on a barstool. "We all know what happened, and we forgive you. We want to catch up with you guys."

"Seriously?" i deadpanned. "Ryan could have just said that in his damn text." Adam glanced at Ryan. "What did you even send them?" he asked. Ryan sighed and pulled his phone out.

"Okay, it said, 'Cat and Alba, it'd be ideal if you came to visit us in New York. No questions asked until you arrive.' And then i sent it."

Cat shook her head. "You missed the 'you better not fuck it up' part," she told him. Ryan rolled his eyes.

"Seriously?" Jack said incredulously. "I thought we agreed to keep it civil." Adam facepalmed, and Ryan shrugged. "I didn't know you guys forgave them until now. I thought you were being sarcastic or something."

"So, where are we going?" i ask. "Because i know a donut place."

"Oh, yeah, no," Jack said. "I figured we'd get pizza or something."

"I have a question for Cat," Ryan says, raising his hand.

"Um, ask away?" Cat says uncertainly.

"Why the fuck did you lie to me?"