Chapter 12

"It was so weird," Tom said. "I was the only one dressed in winter stuff. Closest was Steve. He was wearing that crappy pair of sweatpants he's had for millenniums."

I lightly slapped Tom's shoulder. "Be nice," i said. "You meant eons, right?" Steve glared at me, and i laughed.

"What do you guys wanna do?" Adam asks us. "Sleep," Dan says with a yawn. "Tom woke me too early." Shawn pulls Tom closer to him. "No he didn't," Shawn snaps. "Shut your fucking mouth."

"Let's play a game!" i shouted. "The QUIET GAME!" Jack covered his ears. "I was used to it being all quiet when i was talking to Steve earlier," he managed.

"Now it'll be louder because Chelsea wants to lead The Quiet Game," Tom deadpanned.

"Damn right, i do!" i said. "Oh, did i mention i'm in college to be a teacher?" i added. "Oh, how lovely," Steve sighs. "Just wait til you get to your final year."

I narrow my eyes at him.

"Let's play Telephone," Ryan says. "Oh, God, no" Jack muttered. "That game is so 2016."

"Well, yeah, but it's fun!" Adam said, clapping his hands in delight like a toddler getting ice cream. "No, it isn't," Jack disagreed.

"Let's play something else," i interfered. "How about we have a chess tournament?" Tom suggests.

"What about TV?" Steve deadpanned. "Does that still exist to you guys or what?"

There was a knock at the door, and Ryan answered it. He then let the person in.

"Chelsea, your dad wants you back home," Jax says.

I roll my eyes. "Isn't he at work?" i ask her.

"Yeah. I mean, maybe. I'm not sure."

I cross my arms and lean back into the couch. "I'm staying here. You're not my babysitter anymore."

"She was your babysitter?" Dan asks me. "You were Chelsea, the girl she babysat? I was a huge fan growing up."

I smile sheepishly. "Thanks," i said. "It was fun having her as a babysitter. She's pretty awesome."

"You're not too bad yourself, Chels," Jax says with a wink. "Come on, let's get you home."

"No, come on, let her stay!" Steve protests.

"What happened to 'Her of all people? We may as well be getting Adam involved or something'?" Jack muttered.

"Shut the fuck up," Steve says under his breath.

"Please can i stay?" i asked Jax.

"But i took you to Jingle Ball!" she reminds me. "Not to mention i let you break rules, you crashed my car, and drank your dad's tequila and then lied about it."

"Don't forget she swore all the time," Tom added.

"Shut your mouth," i snapped.