Where's My Toy?

*???'s POV*

{1950s}

Man: You are about to see the most incredible doll ever invented. Her name is Poppy, and she is the first truly intelligent doll in the world. A little girl can talk to her, Poppy gives her answers. She is the first doll actually able to have a conversation with a child. Hard to believe? Just watch.

*Feed cuts to the official commercial, where a little girl doll is shown*

Kids: Poppy Playtime!

Woman: Poppy's as lovable as a real girl. *Pulls a string on the back of the doll* And she talks like one, too!

Poppy: Hi! My name is Poppy! I love you. *Lifts her shoe* Can you help me polish my shoes?

Woman: Why, of course Poppy! *Does so* Just like a real girl, Poppy always wants to look her best.

Poppy: Perfect! *Lowers her shoe* Thank you.

Woman: *Brushes Poppy's hair* Her hair is sturdy and won't come out when you brush it, and smells just like a poppy flower! Is there anything else you'd like to say, Poppy?

Poppy: I'm a real girl, just like you.

Woman: What's the time?

Kids: Playtime!

Male Narrator: And, if you've ever wanted to see how all of the nation's favorite toys were created,  is now offering factory tours at just $2.99 a person. An entire hour in the most magical toy factory on Earth. What are you waiting for? Come visit the factory! We can't-

*TV turns off*

That old 1950s commercial was our first glance into the Playtime Company.

{2004}

~Midwest~

Fast forward to 2004.

Here, in a bustling city in the Midwest, there lived a family of four. Among that bunch... was me.

My name is Michael Harper. I had just turned 17 at this time.

I had only three friends in this city. Ellie Quinn, 16; Andrew Kirk, also 17; and Lily Harper, my precious 7-year-old little sister.

Lily and I were thick as thieves ever since I was 10. And my golly, we were big fans of the Playtime Company, mainly because our dad used to work at its manufacturing facility until it closed in 1995.

As mentioned before, that old commercial was our introduction to Playtime Co, but it wasn't until Lily turned 7 when we got our first Playtime Co toy, which we got from a collectibles shop.

It was known as Huggy Wuggy, and was one of the company's most successful products, which made it become the company mascot in 1984.

Unfortunately, our parents had learned of something about Playtime Co and weren't exactly proud of our love for the company. So, we kept the toy a secret from them. And yet, they somehow discovered our toy. Then, one night, the toy disappeared.

I still remember the day after it disappeared, when Lily asked our parents...

Lily: Mommy... Daddy... Where's my toy?

All we got... was silence. That alone made me believe that they somehow knew about Huggy and got rid of it.

However, we did move on eventually. When Christmas came, our parents got Lily a giant teddy bear to replace Huggy.

But ever since it disappeared, Lily wouldn't stop wondering where Huggy went. Because of this, she had recurring dreams of the little guy. As time progressed, these dreams slowly evolved into more disturbing nightmares, each of which ending with a scary-looking version of Huggy.

{2005}

Then, one year later, after I had turned 18, and shortly after Lily turned 8, we decided to go looking for him.

At the time, the two of us, as well as Ellie and Andrew, had become enamored by urban exploration, always exploring abandoned buildings without our parents knowing.

This time, we decided to exploring the one place we'd never thought of visiting.

The now-abandoned... Playtime Factory.

This... is where it all begins.