Straight To The Point

*Michael, Andrew, and Ellie arrive, only to be surprised by what's happening*

Andrew: Michael, is that...?

Michael: ... It is. That's Poppy Playtime.

Ellie: That's Poppy? But how is she...?

Michael: Beats me.

Lily: ... I... don't understand. I remind you of someone?

Poppy: ... Funny I should say that. I was actually thinking about... myself.

Lily: *?* ... Yourself?

Poppy: You remind me of myself... during my early  days in this world. If you get what I mean.

Lily: No. I don't. You're a toy.

Poppy: A toy designed to be like a real little girl. Or did you forget?

Lily: ... Mm-mm.

Poppy: There's more to why I act like a little girl. Then again, unlike me, you wouldn't understand anything I say.

Lily: *Growl*

Michael: ... E-Excuse me.

Poppy: *Turns to the other three* Oh, my. There's actually four of you. Are all of you... humans this curious?

Andrew: Well, it depends.

Ellie: For starters, how are you... walking and talking?

Michael: And how does my sister remind you of yourself?

Poppy: So, you're this girl's brother. I say that she reminds me of myself, because... I wasn't always... like this.

All: *?* Hm?

Poppy: I had a life before I found myself forever living in this... place, this facility, this façade, this... sinister cesspool that the Playtime Company calls a "factory". And they have the nerve to turn me into it's star attraction? After what they did to me?

Michael: What are you talking about? How can Playtime Co do this? 

Lily: They're a toy company! They even made this Huggy Wuggy for me and my brother!

Poppy: ... Maybe, to your eyes, they're just another toy company. But I've seen things that you wouldn't even be able to comprehend, even if I gave you the whole undeniable truth.

Lily: ...

Poppy: Has it even crossed your mind as to why your... "friend" was attacking you? Or rather, how he became this... twisted version of the toy you used to own?

Michael: ... How he became this monster? Not really. Why he was attacking us? Plenty of times.

Lily: I don't care if he turned into a monster! He's still the same Huggy Wuggy! Our Huggy Wuggy!

Poppy: ... Then, it seems that you are in need... of a backstory. *Conjures an orb of sorts*

*FLASH!*

*The kids close their eyes, before opening them again after a few moments, only to see...*

Andrew: Uh...  Where are we?

The kids' surroundings have changed from the site of Huggy Wuggy's crash to a daycare of sorts.

Ellie: What is this place?

Poppy: It's called Playcare. It's the Playtime Company's on-site orphanage made in the 1990s.

Michael: But you were built in 1950.

Poppy: Correction: My predecessor was made in 1950. I was built 4 decades later.

Kids: *?* Huh?