▪︎ 04.

"Come on! We're going to be late for the History of Magic." Eliza said, dragging Claire and James with her. They had not stopped bickering, and Rehan was nowhere in sight, making Eliza go crazy over their arguments.

Everyone had settled, except for those three. Rehan had managed to give his books back and make in time as he waved a hand towards all three of them, only Eliza waving back, James and Claire too busy glaring at each other.

Seeing their usual places gone, but the only place left was a single empty bench and a side on the bench in front of the empty one.

"Listen here, you two, I don't care what you do. You both better make up by the end of this class, and you're sitting together." Eliza said sternly.

Admittedly, it wasn't an ideal place to sit, but it was better than sitting beside a brooding James and a complaining Claire. She marched forward and took up her place beside Percy.

Eliza was not surprised to find Percy already a fourth into the textbook, not even noticing her presence.

The class was noisy, seeing that Professor Binns was not here yet. There were still a few minutes left for the class to begin, and Professor Binns came on time.

Professor Binns floated into the classroom, a droning voice resonating around. "Good morning, Professor."

Only then Percy looked around, standing immediately and sitting down, noticing Eliza. He raised his brows in surprise.

Eliza smirked, "It's only for today, Weasley. Don't flatter yourself." She said.

Percy stuttered, turning pink. He had to take a minute before he straightened himself and was able to reply, "I was just merely surprised. You never took a seat beside me."

"Settle down class, today we will be going through the topics that come in your O.W.L.s. So I suggest to listen than engage in useless activities." Professor Binns said.

The entire class managed to listen to him for a maximum of five minutes. Then almost everyone's eyes became glossy and bored, except for Percy, who listened with rapt attention, writing down everything useful.

Ten minutes into the class, everyone was drowsy. They were either doodling on spare parchment or focused on some other work to not fall asleep.

A half eyes open Eliza glanced at Percy. It seemed as though Professor Binns' sleepy voice had no effect on him whatsoever, as he scribbled down notes, dipping his quill into his ink bottle.

Behing her, James and Claire were whispering. Whether their argument extinguished or not, Eliza had no idea, but in front of the class, Rehan stacked his books and kept his head on them, trying hard not to shut his eyes.

After an hour of struggle, the bell finally rang. The entire class shuffled out lazily, their sleepiness washing away with each footstep.

Percy, however, walked on, reading his freshly written notes.

"How come you don't get sleep during Professor Binns class?" Eliza asked, falling in step beside him.

"Because I'm a Prefect. I should not be feeling sleepy during a class." Percy replied as if that had explained everything.

"Holly is a Prefect, and she still gets sleepy." Eliza said.

"I don't know about her, but I'm not supposed to be feeling sleepy." Percy said sternly and waking away.

Eliza shook her head. No sooner than a few steps, someone else fell into step beside her.

"That class was awful. If that's the first class of this year, I don't even want to imagine the rest." Rehan said, rubbing his eyes.