▪︎ 07.

Though their last conversation wasn't bright, Percy was considerably a lot warmer towards Eliza. He didn't snip and snap at the given chance but kept an okay rapport between them.

Eliza was merely surprised that even knowing Percy for almost five years, it had taken him all this time to stabilize a decent conversation. Upon inquiry, Rehan said that he was always to himself, correcting the three other boys Percy shared a dormitory with.

"Now, pair up all of you, I want you all in twos to work upon this potion," Snape said. "Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs separate. I will sort you." He said, glaring at the people who were ready to partner with the person of their choice.

Once he was done pairing the Hufflepuffs, he turned towards the Gryffindors. Eliza curiously wondered whom she would be paired with.

"Dara, Wood," Snape said as Rehan and Oliver approached a table.

"Harper, Blackwood," Holly and James partnered.

"Calliope and Estrada." Claire and Ruby looked at each other. Leaving—

"Calderon and Weasley. Now, get working, and I'll put anyone in detention if I find anyone doing anything other than work." Snape said his lip curling.

Fearing that what Snape said might be true, everyone quietly worked on their potion. There was less than audible whispering, which was borne from working together.

"Leave me to it." Percy said, rolling his sleeves.

Eliza quirked an eyebrow, "We're working as a team, Percy. It's not just you. Plus, it's Polyjuice Potion. It's not easy."

"Exactly why I'm telling you to let me do this." Percy said pointedly.

Eliza rolled her eyes, and looking at Snape of was thankfully nowhere near their table. "Shut it. We're working on this together. I'm not bad at Potions."

Percy was embarrassed. He didn't want to upset Eliza again. "I didn't mean that."

"Then prove it. You want forgiveness? Show that you can work with me without getting irritated." Eliza said, rolling her sleeves up as well.

Defeated, Percy worked with Eliza. He usually made things by himself because he could guarantee success in the work he did if he did it by himself, but the girl in front of him with long brown hair turned his ways of working.

He pondered over it silently. Eliza had so far managed to stop him from reporting her, share his hard written notes. She got him kicked out for the first time. She also convinced him to stay put rather than take charge of finding his brother, and now she also managed to make him work with others.

If Percy didn't know better, Eliza was slowly making him do things that didn't set right with him. It hit a chord somewhere.

"What are you doing!?" Eliza hissed silently. Coming out of his twisted thoughts, Percy saw that he was adding the lacewings flies before the leeches.

"Oh," Percy said, hastily setting the lacewings aside and adding the four leeches.

"Is this why you wanted to take charge? So that you could mess it up?" Eliza asked, her eyes narrowed.

"N-No, I was just thinking of you." Percy said and stopped. He hadn't meant to say it out loud.

Eliza's lips went ajar. She was clearly not expecting that answer. Among Percy's embarrassment and her shock, she recovered quicker.

Eliza's lips created a small smirk, "I didn't know you were capable of catching feelings, Percy." She teased.

Turning slightly pink, Percy retorted, "I didn't mean it like that."