▪︎ 20.

"It's summer, and don't ask a single chore from me, mum," Eliza said, running up to her house, leaving her parents behind to jump face flat on her bed.

At once, her cat jumped up with her, clawing Eliza's brown hair.

"Oh, don't disturb me, Tabby, I want to sleep." Eliza said, turning her face to the grey cat.

Obviously, the cat, which couldn't understand English, rolled around in her own legs, settling beside Eliza's face.

Changing her sleeping position to a more comfortable one, Eliza pulled the cat back, earning a loud meow.

Trying to get the cat to sleep in a much proper position turned out to be more difficult than she thought because the cat kept going back to its previous place.

Huffing and letting Tabby do what she wanted, Eliza dozed off to sleep, not really sleeping that properly due to the continuous sounds her cat made.

After what felt like hours off sleep, Eliza was awoken with a start.

"Elizabeth! Come down for supper!"

Dazed at the interruption, Eliza sat up on her bed. It took a minute for her to get used to her surroundings as she blinked her eyes rapidly.

"Elizabeth! Are you still sleeping?"

"Coming! Coming!" Eliza yelled, her voice hoarse, going quickly into the washroom to cleanse her mouth.

The drowsiness washed away. Eliza walked downstairs to the kitchen, expecting to see her mother. But to her surprise and dismay, it was housekeeper Jane.

"Mum and Dad, off to work?" Eliza asked, startling the housekeeper.

Jane, who was a middle-aged witch, kept her hand on her chest from the scare. "My, my, Elizabeth, you certainly gave me a heart attack." She said.

"And yes, your parents are off for work." Jane replied, placing strawberries on the dessert.

"What's for dinner?" Eliza asked as she took her place on the kitchen island.

"Nothing too special, Shepherd's Pie, Roast Chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy." Jane replied patiently.

Just then, Eliza's stomach growled loudly.

Jame smiled in a motherly way, "Well, someone's hungry."

Eliza snorted, "After that eventful year in Hogwarts? Of course I'm hungry." She said.

"I've heard a thing or two from your parents. How was it?" Jane asked as she got out dining things for Eliza and piling them up.

"Wonderful. I mean the Philosopher's Stone at Hogwarts? That's some stuff you can't say." Eliza replied excitedly.

Soon, she retold her entire school year, carefully leaving out parts of her and Percy. It was too soon to comment anything about it. Although, she did tell about Claire's and Rehan's suspicious behaviors, to which Jane nodded in a know it manner.

Somewhere in between, Eliza's cat came, rubbing herself to the housekeepers leg. ("I'm getting your food, wait!" Jane said, chucking.) The evening sailed smoothly. Jane told her daughter that she would be starting school two years later.

Once deemed full, Eliza went upstairs to her room. Humming to herself on one of the famous songs of the Weird Sisters, she opened the door to find a handsome owl on her desk.

"Wow, who might you be?" Eliza asked as she came closer to the owl. As soon as she stepped closer, she recognized the owl, for it was Percy's, called Hermes.

Taking the scroll from the leg of the bird, the owl hooted away, soaring into the night sky.

Her heart beating fast, she opened Percy's letter.

𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓪,

𝓘 𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓾𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓷𝓸 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓵𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻. 𝓘 𝓼𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓫𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓸 𝔀𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓮 𝓪 𝓵𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓿𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓽𝓸 𝓕𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓖𝓮𝓸𝓻𝓰𝓮'𝓼 𝓹𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓴𝓼. 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝔂'𝓻𝓮 𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓸𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰. 𝓘 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓯𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓴𝓮𝓮𝓹 𝓾𝓹 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶.

𝓝𝓸𝓽 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓲𝓷, 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂'𝓿𝓮 𝓶𝓪𝓷𝓪𝓰𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓴 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓶𝓸𝓷 𝔀𝓪𝓼𝓱𝓻𝓸𝓸𝓶 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓘 𝓴𝓮𝓮𝓹 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓫𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓲𝓻 𝓻𝓸𝓸𝓶𝓼. 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶 𝓸𝓯𝓯 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓲𝓽'𝓵𝓵 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓲𝓽 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓼𝓮. 𝓘'𝓶 𝓼𝓸 𝓽𝓮𝓶𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓭𝓸 𝓪 𝓯𝓾𝓵𝓵 𝓫𝓸𝓭𝔂-𝓫𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮 𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶.

𝓘'𝓿𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓬𝓴𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓻𝓸𝓸𝓶 𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓸𝓻, 𝓘 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓴 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽'𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓹𝓮𝓷 𝓲𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱 𝓶𝓮 𝔀𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪 𝓵𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾.

𝓖𝓲𝓷𝓷𝔂, 𝓶𝔂 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓲𝓼 𝓮𝔁𝓬𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓭, 𝓼𝓱𝓮'𝓵𝓵 𝓫𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓗𝓸𝓰𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼 𝓷𝓮𝔁𝓽 𝔂𝓮𝓪𝓻. 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓲𝓮'𝓼 𝓵𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓬𝓪𝓶𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓸𝓭𝓪𝔂, 𝓱𝓮'𝓼 𝓮𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓡𝓸𝓶𝓪𝓷𝓲𝓪. 𝓗𝓮 𝓼𝓪𝓲𝓭 𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓿𝓲𝓼𝓲𝓽 𝓾𝓼, 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓘 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓮𝓽 𝓸𝓷 𝓲𝓽, 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓮𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓭 𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓭 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓱𝓮'𝓼 𝓽𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓬𝓪𝓶𝓮 𝓪𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓾𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓱𝓸𝓶𝓮.

𝓘𝓼 𝓲𝓽 𝔀𝓮𝓲𝓻𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓘'𝓶 𝓪𝓵𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭𝔂 𝓼𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓞.𝓦.𝓛.𝓼 𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓾𝓵𝓽𝓼? 𝓘'𝓿𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓲𝓽 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓘'𝓿𝓮 𝓶𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓾𝓹 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓮𝔁𝓪𝓶𝓼. 𝓘 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓶𝔂 𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓾𝓵𝓽, 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓴 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓵𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓰𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓸 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻.

𝓐𝓷𝓼𝔀𝓮𝓻 𝓶𝔂 𝓵𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓬𝓪𝓷. 𝓟𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓮 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓲𝓽 𝓵𝓮𝓷𝓰𝓽𝓱𝔂, 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓪𝓷 𝓮𝔁𝓬𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓶𝔂 𝓻𝓸𝓸𝓶.

𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮,
𝓟𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂.

Eliza had read the letter several times before keeping it down on her desk, a goofy smile playing on her face. The letter was slightly formal, just the way Eliza expected Percy to write. She really, really, really wanted to see him and reassure him that he didn't mess up his O.W.L.s.

She carefully folded the letter and placed it in an empty box, and hid it in her clothes shelf. It gave an odd sense of excitement that she was hiding an entire relationship from people with a guy who prided on doing everything right.

She immediately started drafting her letter back to him.

Eliza couldn't wait to see Percy again.