▪︎ 13.

Achieved no. 1 ranking in PercyWeasley! Beyond Happy and thank you so much for reading!

***

As time flew by, Eliza found it hard not to think of Percy. How was it that she was developing feelings for the boy when he was everything but her type. As far as she knew, she really liked fully confident, bulked up guys with dark hair, and Percy was exactly the opposite. If she had to take her type literally out of books, Oliver was more her type. Yet, Percy didn't leave her mind.

She wanted to spend any given chance with him, thus leading her to the library often – more than she'd like to admit, accidently running into him and studying with him.

"What more should I add?" Eliza asked as she slid her long defense against the Dark Arts parchment under Percy's nose.

Wordlessly, Percy read through her homework. Even though he didn't want to admit it, he wanted to spend time with Eliza. Every time he found himself thinking about her, he reddened, refusing to answer whenever someone asked him why he was turning red.

"Um, it's fine. You've included everything important so you can conclude it." Percy said back quietly.

"Really?" Eliza asked wide-eyed, "Did I just get the approval of Percy Weasley?"  She teased.

Percy rolled his eyes. "Shh, we're still in the library," He said.

Eliza smirked. "Don't want to get kicked out again or what?"

"Merlin, no." Percy deadpanned. "It was not fun."

"But it was,"

"No, it wasn't."

"Yes, it was."

"No."

"Yes. It was. It was your first time. It's bound to be fun." Eliza said, rolling up her scroll.

Noticing her packing up things, Percy quickly looked up. "Where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm leaving," Eliza explained.

"Why?" Percy questioned.

"Because I'm done with work?" Eliza replied, looking confused. "But, if you want me to stay, I can stay. Do you want me to stay?" She asked hopefully.

Percy eyed her carefully. A strong part of him wanted her to say yes. He wanted to say yes. He wanted Eliza to sit beside him and work with concentration as he looked at her soft brunette hair.

"No, it's alright. I'll find you at dinner." He said.

Eliza nodded her head in dismay. Steeling herself from the rejection, she waved a goodbye and walked out of the library and straight to the common room.

"Where have you been!?" Claire asked, walking towards a tired Eliza.

Confused, Eliza replied. "Library."

"What were you doing?" She asked with a repulsed face at the word library, climbing the stairs towards the girl's dormitory with Eliza.

Eliza rolled her eyes. "I went to have make-out session. Why else would I go to the library?" She asked sarcastically, opening the door.

Claire scoffed. "You're going a lot to the library since Christmas."

"Yes, I have." Eliza said, dropping her bag on the bed and sitting on it, Claire following the same on her bed.

"You're going to beat Weasley at this rate." Claire joked.

Eliza looked away. "Actually, I've been studying with him."

"What!?" Claire shouted, shocked. "Weasley and you!? Since when!?"

Eliza laughed nervously, "It's really not that big of a deal." She said.

"Shut up, Eliza! It is. That boy barely talks to his dorm-mates, and now he's studying with you!?" She said loudly, still in disbelief.

"He's not that bad." Eliza defended.

"He is!" Claire said hysterical. "Elizabeth Calderon! What is going on!?"

Eliza gulped and buried her face in her hands. "I think I like him, Claire." She admitted, her face red, flushed.

Claire's jaw dropped. It was wide open in disbelief as Eliza peaked a look at Claire through her fingers, her brown hair falling front.

"Say something!" Eliza said.

"W-what do you want me to say?" Claire replied, falling back on her bed. "W-wow. I was not expecting that."

After a second of silence, Claire propped herself up on her elbows. "You're not joking, are you?"

"No," Eliza said, her face desperate. "Why do you say so?"

"Because!" Claire said, "Eliza! I never imagined it! I'm so stumped right now! I need a week off to recover!"

"Oh, don't be so dramatic." Eliza said.

"When are you asking him out?" Claire asked, grinning like a fool and sitting up straight on her bed.

"Never!" Eliza said sternly and pointing a finger at Claire warningly. "And don't even think about it!"

***

The next Quidditch match was between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. There wasn't as much tension as the Slytherin-Gryffindor match, but there was a tight spot for people as they silently supported their team.

"Did you know that Snape is refereeing this time?" Eliza said as the four of them sat down to sit for the breakfast before the match.

"Yeah..." Rehan said in dismal. "Oliver told us last night."

"The chances of Gryffindor winning with him is zero." James said with a given up voice.

"He's so foul, I don't get why he's a teacher if he hates students. I mean, what's the point?" Claire said, putting butter on her toast.

"Merlin knows," James replied.

Soon, they were off towards the stands, cheering for Gryffindor in the crowds. This time, however, Percy didn't take a place next to Eliza but was elsewhere. Eliza couldn't deny that she was slightly disappointed.

The match went well so far without a hitch. The players had apparently been treading very carefully around Snape as if he was a ticking time bomb.

And that being said, Snape whistled, handing out a penalty to Hufflepuff as George hit a Bludger at him.

Percy wouldn't be happy about it. Eliza thought as she laughed with the others at George's stunt. She caught herself quickly before thinking anymore about Percy.

"You foul evil—" Claire and James shouted as Snape awarded another penalty for Hufflepuff for no reason.

"I wish I could bury him alive!" Claire yelled. "Ugh!"

But then the Gryffindors cheered as Harry dived suddenly, obviously spotting the Snitch.

"Yes! Show him Potter!" James yelled, punching the air.

To their amusement, Harry sped directly towards Snape. They were too excited to see Harry pushing Snape off of his broom, but he didn't as he was simply aiming for the Snitch.

"HE'S GOT IT! HE'S GOT THE SNITCH! GRYFFINDOR WINS!" Lee announced loudly, so loud that Professor McGonagall had to cover her ears with her fingers.

The Gryffindors ran down the pitch, cheering as loud as ever. It gave them real hope that they could win the cup this year. Fred and George put Harry on their shoulders, chanting 'Go Go Gryffindor', and everyone rushed to congratulate the eleven year old boy.

Gryffindor was finally in lead after several years.