vi - Tellin' (sunrise) Stories

Lyanna told Chiron everything that happened from her perspective from getting upset at the workshop because of the Hephaestus kid to running into the forest.

"What the hell is happening?" Lyanna asked, her voice weak as she trembled in her seat. Lee wrapped an arm around her shoulders and looked to Chiron expectantly.

"The abilities you showed in the forest are the ones passed down to you from your father. I have my suspicions as to who he is, but I cannot say for certain," Chiron mentioned. "Your grandfather warned me that you would be more attuned with your godly abilities than most of the other halfbloods here, but I hadn't listened, therefore placing you and the other campers in danger. For that, I apologise profusely."

Lyanna nodded her head against Lee's shoulder and sighed melancholically. If Chiron knew who her father was then why wasn't he telling her? She was frustrated about it but that emotion was quickly washed away by a wave of fear. What did Chiron mean, how was she a danger to everyone else? If she was such a danger that a literal god was worried about it then shouldn't she be isolated from the other campers? Her head was swimming again and she felt like she was going to keel over and vomit all over from the pressure in her temples.

Lee placed a hand on her forehead and began to hum, Austin quickly joining in when he realised what he was doing. Being sons of the god of music certainly had its perks, the power of music being just one of several. Lee began singing swiftly and quietly in Ancient Greek, directing a prayer to Apollo. Lyanna visibly calmed, her shoulders going slack and her arms loosening slightly from around her knees. She looked up at Lee and Austin with a thankful gaze before turning on Chiron.

"You said I'm a danger," she swallowed heavily, "if that's the case, shouldn't I be isolated away from the campers? Y'know, so I don't like kill them or something?"

"No, Lyanna, that shouldn't be necessary. Isolation from others could make things far worse, believe me," Chiron replied and sighed. "Now, Percy, you can't tell anyone about this, not a single soul, do you understand me?"

Everyone's gaze shifted to the raven-haired, green-eyed boy who was slouched in his wicker chair. He shifted uncomfortably at holding their attention before nodding.

"On the River Styx," Lee muttered, fixing Chiron and Percy with a glare. Austin's eyes widened slightly and Lyanna looked confused.

"Now, Lee, I don't think that's necessary, do you?" Chiron asked, slightly surprised by Lee's suggestion.

"Um, what do you mean 'on the River Styx'?" Lyanna asked, looking between the two senior campers and Chiron.

"Swearing on the River Styx is an oath that has the power to bind your soul to a promise. If you break the promise, your soul is taken to the underworld," Lee explained, his eyes not leaving Percy.

"Then no, don't do that," Lyanna muttered. Lee looked at her with raised eyebrows, Austin leant forward in his chair slightly, Percy looked like he'd released the water from all the world's oceans through his skin and Chiron smiled softly at her.

"Why? What if he blabs to someone, then the entire camp will find out!" Lee hissed, glaring at Percy.

"Yeah but I'd rather risk that than have a kid risk his actual life on a secret most people will find out within a few years anyways. Besides, who knows how many satyrs or nymphs witnessed what happened, they could also relay it to the campers so forcing one of multiple sources to risk death keeping a secret doesn't seem fair."

Lee looked at her as if she had just done the most ridiculous thing ever. Austin was smirking at Lee with his arms crossed while Percy's expression seemed to grow more thankful with every word that she'd said. Chiron looked down at her, his eyes brimming with pride. The moment was ruined when Dionysus rounded the corner of the porch, coke can in hand.