xi - Welp, bye-bye bus

Lyanna packed incredibly light. She took a leather jacket with oh so many pockets. In one, three protein bars. Another, four broken up plans of ambrosia. Clipped by a carabiner to a loop at the bottom was a flask full of nectar. She had a small wallet containing two-hundred dollars and the debit card holding her monthly allowance. Honestly, on that money alone, they probably could've just got an Amtrak the entire way across the country in first class seats. She sighed, knowing the money was best reserved for emergency situations.

She described to Lee the meticulous schedule that she follows to care for Galen and warned him that, if anything happened to her dog while she was away, she would see to his punishment herself. Lee saluted her as she walked out of the Apollo cabin. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath to steel herself. She was about to go on her first quest and it was gonna to be extremely difficult. Why couldn't her first quest be delivering a crate of strawberries to Olympus or something? Why did it have to be recovering the most powerful weapon for the most powerful being in world alongside the kid said being most hates.

She walked up to cabin 3 and rattled the bronze knocker against the door. She waited thirty seconds before knocking again, this time for longer and louder. Surely Percy couldn't have gone to sleep, right? She waited, and waited. She folded her arms with an indignant huff, glaring at the door of the Poseidon cabin.

"You won't get an answer, you know," a girl's voice called behind her. She whipped her head round to look for the source, but all of the campers nearby were boys from the Hermes cabin.

She walked away from the cabin and looked around until her eyes finally landed on the girl sat on the edge of the hearth, swinging her legs merrily. Lyanna approached slowly, bowing slightly to the girl.

"Lady Hestia," Lyanna intoned before straightening and meeting the girl's gaze. Hestia smiled warmly down at Lyanna, the latter feeling as if a blanket of care had surrounded her and eased all her worries, like one of her mom's hugs.

"The son of Poseidon left a few minutes ago," Hestia said as she hopped down from her perch. "If he's anything like my brother – and he most likely is – then he'll be down by either the canoe lake or the sound to be close with the water."

Lyanna turned away with a thank you and was about to walk off to search for Percy, but she stopped as Hestia called her back.

"Do be careful on this quest. There will be many things that go wrong due to my brothers' interference, but I would prefer if the four of you came back in one piece."

Lyanna felt the colour drain from her face. Why the hell would Hestia tell her that? Zeus is going to be interfering with their quest? Great, she feels so much better. Not like he's the most powerful being in the world or anything.

She felt her breathing get shallower and she took a seat near the fire, afraid that she was going to pass out. She was about to have a panic attack again and snaked her arms around her knees, rocking back and forth slightly. She heard Hestia mutter something vague, but didn't register any words.

Lyanna felt the comforting embrace of Hestia's magic encircling her and she began to calm down, her breathing becoming steady and rhythmic. She let go of her knees and straightened her legs slightly, staring down at her palms. After a while, she looked up at Hestia, her amber eyes meeting the goddess' pair of red eyes. Lyanna noted idly that Hestia's eyes danced as if they were mirroring the movements of the hearth she so often tended to.

"Why would you tell me that now?" Lyanna broke the silence. "Like, I'm about to set off on a quest to retrieve possibly the most destructive weapon ever created, and you tell me that it's going to be even more difficult because Zeus is gonna interfere? Do you know how terrifying that is?"