𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝔀𝓸

Tim was sitting behind the wheel of his shop, he was parked along the side of the road, pulling in to reprimand his 'Boot' for the nth time today. He immediately recognised her as she was walking down the road, at first he wasn't sure if he should stop or just let her go, but he decided that he would stop, he needed to, "Colette." he called out as he opened his door and began to get out of the car.

Colette held a bag in her hand and a takeaway cup in the other hand. As he approached her Tim could see the bag, it was clearly her day off, and she had decided to pick up something to eat while on her walk. He slowed his pace until he was beside her and he kept a distance so he wouldn't be in her personal space. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to see a friend," She muttered, avoiding eye contact, Colette was scared of the consequences of her own behaviour the other day, and Tim Bradford was a man she wasn't willing to cross.

Tim noticed how she avoided eye contact, he knew her enough to know when she was hiding something. "I don't believe that," he said, standing right in front of her and watching her eyes flick everywhere but in his direction.

"Where are you really going?" he asked with a stern look.

"Don't you have a job to be doing?" Colette confronted, hoping to get him off her back.

"This is my job, this isn't about the job, this is about you and I both know that you aren't going to see a friend. So how about we cut the crap." he wasn't in the mood to be brushed off with her snarky remarks.

"Unless you think I've committed a crime you shouldn't be talking to me so I really think I should go, excuse me." Colette tries to step around him.

He moved back in front of her, he wasn't going to let her off the hook that easily, "You're going to see Dante, aren't you?"

"I'm bailing him out." She admitted to him, seeing no reason to lie as he'd find out soon enough anyway.

His expression changed only slightly, and even though he was expecting this, he was still slightly surprised by the ease with which she admitted it, he hadn't expected her to be straight up.  "And why are you bailing him out?"

"Because he's my brother, it was all a big misunderstanding and he was scared, there was about a dozen guns pointed at his head." Colette listed off.

"A big misunderstanding?" he took the slightest step forward, leaning in just a bit to where the distance between them had narrowed. "Oh yeah, there's something your not saying, you're hiding something, so either start speaking the truth now or I will put you in the passenger seat and we'll go see Dante together."

"You can't do that." She scoffed, not getting how his grudge against her brother had lasted for so long.

"I can." he replied, his anger starting to rise. "now don't make me." he said through a thin smile, his eyes shifting from her's to the handcuffs on his hips, "I am the police after all, I could arrest you right now if I wanted to, but I'm giving you a chance, be honest with me now."

"I will go straight to Grey and have your ass disciplined for false imprisonment and Lucy is a witness, so don't try me, Tim." Colette scolded the older man.

His smile faded, he knew she was right and he wouldn't be able to take her in on the spot. He sighed, his frustration boiling over, and when he spoke this time, he sounded a lot harsher than he would have liked. "Fine, but I'll be going with you to see Dante, I refuse to let you go anywhere alone."

"Why do you still have this stupid little grudge against him, Tim? It's been years, you need to let this go, you're just using last week as an excuse." Colette rolled her eyes, trying to walk away before he gently pulled her back.