𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

"What are you still doing up?" Colette asked as she saw Tim on the couch, a glass of what she assumed to be whiskey in his hand.

Tim didn't respond but took in the sound of her voice and the sight of her with interest. His face remained unchanged, but his mind was now alert. He had been thinking of one thing; Colette.

"Tim?" She asked again, frowning at his demeanour.

"Just thinking," he said, not taking his eyes off her. He raised his glass to his lips and took a sip. "Can't sleep."

"Thinking about what?" Colette slowly walked over to him, Tim pulling her into his lap as he rested her head in the crook of his neck.

Tim let her body relax against him, relishing in both the contact and the scent of her. "You."

"Why me?" Her brows remained furrowed, but not moving her head to look at him, Kojo raised his head from his bed to look at the two.

"Can you think of a better subject?" he asked, his voice soft. He couldn't keep his hands away from Colette's body, tracing the outlines of her legs down her hips with the fingertips of his free hand.

"Many." She let out a huff of amusement, thinking that he was clearly tipsy enough to be talking nonsense.

Tim chuckled and kissed her head, taking another sip from the glass. "And yet, it's always you."

"You don't drink whiskey unless it's a special occasion," Colette lifted her head to look at him and the glass.

"Oh, I assure you, tonight's a very special occasion," he replied smoothly, taking another sip from the glass.

"I know Lucy becoming a P2 is exciting but you didn't come with me to her apartment so you can't be drinking for that so what is it?" She took the glass out of his hand and set it down on the coffee table, finally having his full attention.

"It's about you and me." He reached to grab her hand and took it in his, bringing it to his lips and kissing the back of it.

"There's no anniversaries or birthdays so what is it?" She frowned, clueless about what he was rambling about.

Tim placed his free hand around Colette's waist, tugging slightly to bring her closer to him. "Something I've thought about for a while."

"Like what?" A smile starts to slowly come to her face as their noses almost touch, the only noise coming from Peggy gnawing at one of her toys.

"Can I ask you something very, very crazy?" Tim asked, smiling as he pulled away slightly and looked at her.

"Is it going to cost me money?" She laughed, his eyes still locked on hers, her smile slowly fading as she saw his now serious face.

"Not a dime," he promised. "Just a question."

"What question?"

"The kind of question that can make a girl very, very glad. Or very disappointed. I just want you to know it's okay to say no."

"Well until you say it I won't have a clue what I'll respond with," Her face softened as she watched him.

"Just, bear with me. I'm very nervous." Tim took one last sip of his whiskey and set the glass down, taking both of her hands in his and looking directly at her. "Colette. Will you be my girlfriend? Officially?"

"So you needed the whiskey to hype you up?" Colette giggled, him pulling her close his grin widening as he felt the vibrations of her laugh.

"Yeah," Tim admitted, chuckling. "But I needed it even more because, in the back of my mind, I'm scared as hell that you're gonna say no."