Eleven

It's like that moment when the storm passes but you can still see the lightning and dark clouds and you can hear the thunder in the distance. That is what I see with my life right now. I see my real, normal life. But in reality I'm living something completely different. The sky is yellow and ominous. The clouds look like a circle of little bumps around an unknown point. I don't know if I'm dreaming or if they've taken me. I do not know where I am. I am awake. I am looking skyward. But yet I see ground, and another life within the clouds. I've seen this before. I'm sure of it.

Small houses are all around me. The are other people here. They look familiar but I know I haven't seen them before. They are gathered in a group. A small girl, a boy a few years older than me, and a young looking couple, maybe in their twenties? No. I've seen them before. I've seen them to know they are not twenty, but in their mid-thirties. How could I have known that? I've never seen them before. Beside their group I see three other people. A boy about my age, and people I guessed to be his parents. I don't know them. Or maybe I do? They all seem familiar. They're all looking at me and smiling, the little girl jumping up and down as if she were about to fly off the planet. They might know me. But who am I?