Thirteen

I think I have been here for a while. It's morning, and I feel different. It's like all my senses were off an now they're on.

I walk out of the little one story house I've been staying in for about a month now and look around. These people are still here. It's like they're trapped. I remember now. They are trapped. They can't leave. I take a closer look at their faces and realize I do know them. It's my family. Mom, Dad, Paisley, and Nickolas. few yards over is Peter, and coming out of his house are his parents, Stella and Matthew. I cover my mouth in shock. I kneel to ground and cry. They're alive. All of them. My family. I haven't seen them in so long. I get up and run to them, throwing myself at Nickolas, hugging him. "Nick, where have you been? I've missed you so much. But you left me." Nick looks at me, confused, not sure if this is really me, if I really remember. Finally he smiles an says, "Bell, you didn't save me." The smile fades from my face.

"What?" I ask.

"You didn't save me. You were supposed to save humanity."

"B-But Nickolas, I didn't see them take you. I wasn't there."

"You were supposed to save us all, Isabell!" Nickolas says, getting angry. He steps away from me, and it's not my brother in front of me anymore. It's a reflectionist, and it keeps repeating "You were supposed t save us all." I look around and see that the rest of my family have become reflectionists. And I do the only thing I can do. I run.