The Battle of The Bands!

Saturday, THE DAY OF TBOTB
Jake's POV.

. . .

Today's the day...

The Battle of The Bands.

Me and the club have been practicing non stop for this ever since Max told us about it — And now it's finally time...

We're gonna win this! After all, it'd be pretty embarrassing to lose to Max again...He'd never let me live it down!

That aside, Me and the club planned to meet up really early to practice one last time!

Well...Realistically, practice 10 more times.

Little Ms President tends to overthink a lot, despite us sounding amazing.

Anyways, since the building the Battle of The Bands is being held in is about an hour and a half away from where we all live...We have to leave 3 hours before the show starts.

Just in case of traffic— You know?

Sadly, I can't drive...So my mom has to take me.

Which OBVIOUSLY means...Milo's coming along too.

..Sadly..

____

"One last time guys! Something's just not right..." Hailey said, crossing her arms thoughtfully.

Milly groaned.

"Ughhh, come on Haileyyy! We're literally awesome!"

"Yeahh! Come on Ms President — We only have a few hours left. Do you really want to spend the whole time practicing?" I asked, raising a brow teasingly.

She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Fine...One hour break and then we can practice one last time before leaving."

"Alright!!" Me and Milly shouted in unison, high fiving each other.

Sean chuckled.

"So do you know for sure what it is you feel like we're missing?"

Hailey thought for a short while.

"I'm...Not sure. Maybe I'm just overthinking it."

"COUGH...Like always..." I murmured, a smirk spread across my face.

"Hey! I don't always overthink! You're exaggerating!" She retorted, slightly blushing from embarrassment.

All of us laughed.

After a while, we just decided to eat some snacks and talk about the upcoming competition.

We were all confident in the song, despite Hailey thinking something could've been missing.

We talked for a long time, and before we knew it...It was time to hit the road.

"Ah, dang it! I really wanted to practice one last time..." Hailey murmured as she put on her matching club jacket.

Yeah...We planned to wear the jackets again — They represent us as a whole! You know?

"Don't worry, Hailey. We sound great, there's nothing to worry about." Zander reassured.

Hailey smiled.

"Yeah...You're probably right. I shouldn't worry so much about this...Well— Let's go!"

I nodded.

"Yup, let's go!"

We walked out of the living room and into the kitchen — since that's where both of our parents were socializing..