9: Doom & Gloom

Chapter Nine

I stood in the mirror, my shirt pulled up to my chest. Did I have a bump? I felt bloated. But that's probably because I eat more than the average vampire. "Kenz?" I heard Stefan call. He opened the bedroom door and I dropped my shirt to turn to him with a raised brow.

"Yeah?" I asked.

He grinned, "Aw. Look at you."

I rolled my eyes but couldn't help the smile coming to my face, "Shut up." Stefan walked over to me, cupping my face with both hands and kissing me gently for all of five seconds.

"Enzo's here. We're about to go over the plan for today, you want to join us?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yes, of course. I want to be part of killing Julian."

He pursed his lips, "No. My pregnant wife, you need to be careful these days."

"I'm still a vampire."

"A baby vampire."

"So I have to sit on the bench? How lame."

Stefan laughed softly, "I need a cheerleader."

I made a gagging motion. Never a cheerleader. It was so anti-Kenz. So, rah-rah Elena and Caroline. I don't know how Bonnie ever got talked into it. "No action, no alcohol, and I don't even get to keep the kid," I complained.

"Don't pout," he said, plucking at my bottom lip. He rubbed my stomach then, "You're doing a nice thing for a friend of ours."

"Only cause I was forced to," I pointed out, giving him a look. "I much rather have bought him a crib. Or renewed his membership as my friend."

Stefan laughed, "You're so mean."

"I prefer charming and funny," I retorted.

He rolled his eyes, taking me by the hand and leading me out the room and down the stairs to the Lockwood's study where Damon and Enzo waited. I plopped on the couch next to Damon, Enzo sitting on the edge of the desk while Stefan stood in a perfect spot to face us all.

"What's the plan?" Damon asked.

"Julian needs to die today," Stefan stated. "Everything has to appear to be normal. Julian's not an idiot. If he finds out that Lily turned on him, we're all dead."

"So you embed her with a psychopath? Sounds logical," Enzo scoffed.

"Hey, don't look at me," Damon shrugged. "I voted to drive a stake through her heart and get rid of this Julian-mama drama once and for all. But, hey, complicated plan "A" sounds like a happy compromise."

"It's not complicated!" Stefan snapped.

I frowned, "Calm down, hubby."

He took a deep breath, "We get Julian's blood, and then, Nora, Beau, or Mary Louise use it to unlink him from Lily, and we kill the bastard."

"Uh, you glossed over the important bit. Do you really think that Beau, Mary Louise, or Nora are going to help?" Enzo questioned. "Julian treats Lily's Heretics like they're his own royal children. And they worship him right back. They'll never turn on him."

"The old stake through the heart's lookin' like a pretty good alternative right now. Just sayin'..." Damon trailed off and I snickered.

"Well, I guess the only way we're gonna be able to pull this off is to deploy the nuclear option."

"Which is?" I asked. "I don't want you playing with bombs, Stefan."

"Me," a new voice came. I frowned as Valerie lurked in the doorway. When the hell did she get here? "I know how to win them over to our side."