Chapter 12

Yerim found herself standing in the middle of unfamiliar scene. The walls of the house seemed to close in on her as the air grew dense with tension. It was like stepping back in time, into an old home where her parents were still young and deeply in love. But now, they were arguing, their voices echoing through her ears. Yerim heart sank as she watched her parents engage in a heated exchange.

“Who is he?” her father demanded, his face is angry but his voice is so calm.

In this dream, she can already see his father's face cleary.

“What are you talking about?” her mother asked, her voice soft and collected.

“I saw you with another man, Joohyun.” her father continued, his eyes narrowing. “I saw him touching you, and you just let him! Is he the reason why you've been acting cold to me lately. Are you cheating on me?!”

Her mother was shocked, hurt, and above all, angry.

“How could you accuse me of that?! I would never cheat on you Nadech!” her mother angrily answered, her eyes burning with tears.

Their normally cheerful faces were stained with frustration and hurt. The words they hurled at each other were sharp and piercing, leaving wounds that seemed to cut deeper with each passing moment. It was almost as if the very foundation of their relationship was crumbling before her eyes.

“Mommy... Daddy... please stop f—fighting..”

She desperately wanted to intervene, to make them realize the love they had for each other but she felt powerless in this dream-like state. All she could do was observe as the argument escalated, threatening to break the bond her parents had spent years nurturing.

Yerim couldn't take it anymore, she suddenly crouched down then cover her ears with her hands, trying to block out the sound of her parents' arguing and tears had been going on. Yerim felt a lump form in her throat. She wanted to cry, so she held back, her eyes squeezed shut, trying to will the arguing to stop. She could feel the sound of her heart pounding in her chest, and her hands began to shake.

“Please let me wake up in this b—bad dream..” she whispered.

She closed her eyes and focused all her energy on waking up. She tried to force herself to sit up, to open her eyes and shake off the dream. But no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't seem to rouse herself.

“Please.. wake up! wake up Yerim!”

Suddenly, a loud noise burst through the dreamscape, jolting Yerim awake. She sat up with a start, gasping for air. She looked around, confused and saw that she was in her bedroom with Seulgi and Wendy who are now looking at her worriedly.

“Okay ka lang Yerimie?”

Nagising siya dahil sa ingay na nangga-galing sa dalawang taong nasa tabi niya na pilit siyang ginigising sa pagkakatulog.

“Nanaginip ka kaya ginising ka namin.” wika ni Wendy.

Yerim collapsed back onto her pillow, relief washing over her. Thank god, she had finally woken up.

“Anong oras na ba, kanina pa ba ko tulog?” tanong niya. Kinuha agad niya ang kanyang phone at nagulat siya ng mapagtantong 2 a.m na ng madaling sa araw.

“Oo, ang haba ng tulog mo after ng crying session mo sa van kanina.” nasapo naman niya ang kanyang noo ng maalala yung biglang pag iyak niya sa van at sa harapan pa ng kanyang mommy.

“Hindi ka na nakakain ng dinner sa sobrang pagod mo kanina, kaya hinayaan ka na lang namin na magkapag-pahinga na muna.” dagdag pa ni Seulgi.

Speaking of dinner, bigla siya nakaramdam ng pagkulo ng tiyan, mula kasi ng makauwi sila kanina ay bigla siya nakaramdam ng pagkahilo kaya agad siya dumiretso sa kwarto upang umidlip lang ng sandali pero dahil na rin sa pagod ay napadiretso na ang pagtulog niya.