CHAPTER NINE

I walked into the library feeling more weak than usual, my body is in  its healing phase.

     After reaching home the other day, sally beat the living hell out of me since i wasted so much time and i also couldn't tell her what really transpired that day, with the little knowledge i know of  treating wounds from all the years i've been tending to my injuries myself  i managed to clean myself up.

            "Good morning" i greeted when i saw Rita standing by some shelves.

              "Morning sweetie" she smiled widely

         "What are those" i asked pointing to the box in her hand.

         "Oh these came for you" she have me a cheeky smile while i could only stand there confused.

        "I think you got it wrong....i didn't order anything" my inner self laughed i could never order anything. She only smiled my way before walking ahead to attend to a group of students who just walked in.

           The box was medium sized and i couldn't guess what would be inside and most importantly who sent it. There was no sender just my name written in bold.

         I walked towards where i normally sit at the back where nobody really is.

   I placed the box on the table checking it out again for any clue as to who it is. I huffed in annoyance when i couldn't find any before proceeding to open it carefully.

    A gasp involuntarily left my lips when i saw what's inside, i looked around again for any suspicious face that would gove me a clue of who did this but everyone was busy with their everyday schedule.

       It was a mc'donalds breakfast box which contained warm biscuits, fluffy scrambled eggs, sausage and crispy golden hash browns, this is really tempting but i had to stop myself since i didn't know who sent it and that was a hard task to do considering my state of hunger.

      I checked round the box for any clue or message when i saw a small note with only the words "Lucian" on it. I was stunned, did he really buy me breakfast?, i kept staring at the paper.

           "Well aren't those lovely" i looked up to see Rita smiling down at me

         "Yeah...did the delivery person say anything" i asked wanting to be sure

          "Uhmm...nothing much only that they are for you"

         "Ohhh.."  Was all i could say while she walked away, by the way nobody says no to free food especially me except if they are from my stepmother or sisters, i wouldn't want to risk getting poisoned again.

      I happily munched on the food sighing in content, i haven't eaten like this in a while and i can't spend much of my pay on feeding since i have other neccessites to buy.

       The rest of my afternoon was spent on me sorting out the books according to their genres while humming any song that comes to my mind, you could guess am in a happy mood. Audrey did not come to the library today.

            "Crystal please can you get me some bookmarks from the storage closet" rita called out behind the counter

           "How many?"  I asked

        "As many as you can find" she rushed out shooing me with her hands

        "Okay?" I mumbled and walked towards the storage closet

        I flicked on the light once i was inside.

        "Oh my God...you scared me!" I half screamed while he stood there amusement shining in his eyes.