Chapter 2

Ruhi will stay with us

No, this is her Husband's home, she will stay here...

I am sorry ji, I know you just lost your son, but Ruhi's marriage just happened weeks ago, she has a life ahead, we are taking her...

No, she is our bahu, we will take care" Dadisa said

No.......

The voices were faintly coming into my ears, as I leaned against my door, and sat down there holding up my knees, burying my head down, hoping somehow my pain would magically vanish...

I slowly lifted my head and saw the room , vacant walls with some photos hanging on them, the jarring silence, nothing was new to her ..

All my life, she had grown up , with this silence...

Silence had become my essence of life, as a matter fact , I was accustomed to this silence , I had come in comfort with it, but this one, this is frightening me ..

I vividly remember, the last time I felt this way, It was when Mumma died, and the man I loved with all my heart, my poppy left me all alone for his love ....

My heart beating fast every meeting, now my tears had also dried up....

Photos of my marriage with Rohit Poddar , the frames where I perfectly faked my smile , my happiness were framed all over the room...

I did not know a relation, which I formed for the sake of my family, with no interest has ended within a month, of course I feel bad Rohit lost his life, I am not some sadist to laugh just because I did not love ...I do feel bad and sad for him, but now, what is to happen of me? To, my surprise my heart pained, Why? I wonder.

I heard a knock on my door , like continuous ones...

Ruhi...Ruhi....Ruhi....Ruhi.... constantly with a bang...

Abbiraaaaaaaa!!!!! I called her out...Sometimes I wonder if this girl ever loses her childishness. Sometimes her innocence is too annoying, but may be I grew up losing it so soon I don't know...

I let down a big breath down...and wiped my tears and opened the door...

And immediately I could sense her knuckles on my nose , she was still knocking on the door facing the doorway for some reason...

After two punches on my nose, I guess she realized it was not the door anymore and stopped and did a slow motion turn to face me...

Its incidents like these that I wonder if there was a small sister of mine, she would be like Abhiraa, but then I remember I lost my brother, my Pillla boy...I have a long history of losing people I love, so I guess its better I did not have one...

I sighed, and soon she held her ears apologize, before I could react she was inside in the room pushing me over walking inside the room , and sat on the bed...

I locked the door and turned and leaned against the door...

I know trying to get her out , wouldn't help because she just would not do that , I nodded my head in frustration and sat on the other side of the bed.

Ruhi....Ruhi....Ruhi...You are hearing me na???

I bit my lip, I am siting just infront of you, why are you shouting my name???

Sorry, vo...I mean .. she fumbled...

I bit my lip, God she was testing my non-existing patience...

She crawled and came near me, to hug me , that I Jerked off and nudged and leaned back ....

She too sensed it and sat down near me..

Vo Ruhi....umm...I know its hard but I promise no one will force you to stay here...I am studying for law na...I am there... she said...

An immediate thought popped in my head... Does she not know the poddars don't allow their Bahus a career?? I brushed off the thoughts, how is it important to me now, I have a plateful to deal with..and just nodded my head .

And yet again there was silence in the room...

Abhira saw our wedding photo and then saw me , My tears welled up, but I did not want seen as vulnerable I wiped off the tears from my eyes ...

Look Ruhi... I know it's tough.... She started I stretched my hand signaling her to stop, I need Ted Talk, I needed a hug maybe , but were I to ask a big NOOOO....

Just I heard a loud squeaking voice from the living room downstairs...

I rushed out and just leaned on the railing...

A loud squeaky voice came of dadisa's

"I wonder whether Ru even loved Rohit, not a tear from her eyes for him, may be like she says SHE IS UNLUCKY ...AFTERALL...I somewhere heard , she was also......

Basss Stop it, I know you are elder to us , but can't you see how vulnerable of a state she is... Swarna yelled back t Dadisa ( I Don't know what Ru calls Swarna so)

I am not speaking without proofs Swarnaji... Dadisa said and threw some photographs...

I found these in Rohit's room..

Swarna took it in her hands, it was photo of Ruhi and Armaan....

I closed my eyes out of shame, but still I could see his angry gaze on me..

This was before marriage...and both were involved , why blame Ruhi alone??

Swarna you knew about it??

Waah....Wife knows it but Manish Goenka doen't!!! Dadisa yelled ...

She killed Rohit!! We are going to file a police complaint , she would land in jail.... Dadisa roared...

Call the police I will make sure Armaan goes with her too...Because he too is married now.... Swarna yelled back...

In all this commotion Abhira came down, I closed her eyes tight that wrinkled my eye lids...

I saw Swarna (Idk how she calls her) defending me, but what made me worried more was B.Nanu . He was standing still ....glaring at nothing....

Nanu.....I called and that's all..He had a panic attack and...

He collided down on the floor ....

The conversation stopped abruptly as we rushed him to the hospital...

He was taken to the ICU, while rest waited outside patiently ...

I saw Abhira holding Swarna...

Everything will be fine , Don't worry she said .....Mumma also used to get panic attack ..but she used get fine, he will also get fine she said...

Swarna at the moment remembered Akshara ..and cried....

I also had a daughter akshara , you remind me of her ...she also loved her family a lot... she cried..

Even My mom's name is akshara... abhira took her phone and showed her the photo...

Swarna was ashocked...

Tu...You are my Akshara's daughter!!! She hugged her....

And suddenly I was non- existing to her anymore and rest eyes were glaring at me even Armaan's as if he is not equally responsible...

The doctor came out and said B.Nanu was out of danger and that's when I could breath...

But I guess nobody needs me any more

**************************

Drop in your thoughts and vote it up

If you have any suggestions drop that too in