Chapter 4

I had shifted to a whole new city, and its been two weeks now since all happened..

But nothing in me had changed ..the pain, the loneliness and most dominant of all the grief...nothing had decreased ....

I was just hoping to get a job to meet my expenses, the savings I had in hand are running out however less I spend...

Especially today was a hectic day..

Three Interviews in a row...Out of all the interviews I gave my worst one was the one I gave the first on this day...

It was in Birla Hospital, for the post of Operations Manager on the admin side ...

I read the name ...

Nostalgia hit me like a rock, those days where I waited for my poppy , my matashree ...my eyes welled up....I wiped my tears and was about to run off from there just then I heard a elderly voice...

 Beta , Have you come for an interview...??

 I turned  and saw a old security guard .....  he was a security guard??? or not ?? I don't know I cannot see  his face.....but something felt like a little comfort ... like he wanted me to attend the interview... I sighed and slowly inched inside..

The walls had been painted , and It was  not the Birla hospital that etched with memories in my heart...

My heart pounding each step , as if anytime now it would pump itself out of my body..while searching for some faces...Is Majari Birla , ( again, I forgot what she calls her), Mahima Birla, were they all alive, would they recognise her there?? Wait is shivu bhaiya alive?? the thoughts kept on weighing my heart heavier and heavier...

The HR interviewed me...

I dont know how I did the interview...it was all blur now I think of it the end of the day as my sipping my first ever food for the day ...

My head was pricking the hell out of my brain and reached out for my wallet...

I had kept in my back pocket of my blue Formal pants....

but its not there now, I searched my handbag ...still could not find it..

 You are  searching for this ... 

It was a familiar voice....

I lifted my head and there she was Abhira....stretching her hand with my purse...

 You are searching for this na... she said...

 You followed me all the way!!!! And You are alone!!! What do you think you are!!! You are still a child abhiraa!! Did you inform anyone ?? Dont tell me you did not tell anyone about this ..Do you even know if something could have happened to you, nobody would have a clue about it...And why are you here, I left you to take care of  B.nanu na?? I said all in one go...

Only a smile came from her lips , as she wiped her tears...

As soon as I was about to say something, she threw her arms around my neck and hugged me...

  B.Nanu is doing well di and everyone is just doing fine.... all this I could hear clearly in this I heard somewhere very unclearly a di in that sentence...

I know I did not deserve to be her di, forget that after whatever I did , I did not deserve any relations for that matter...  

I sighed and slowly walked back removing her arms from shoulders...

 thanks...but you should go... I said without meeting her eyes...

Before she could say something ... I am sorry again I am so ashamed that I fell  down in my own eyes...Any amount of sorry would not suffice I am sorry  I said in one go and was about to leave...

 I have never met Abhir bhaiya, I have heard stories from my mother  about you two...other than maa... YOU, ABHIR BHAIYA AND PAPA were only people she talked about..

I cannot talk to abhir bhaiya and papa....

You cannot talk to me too Abhiraa... I am a bad sister, Noone deserves a sister like me so stay away, before I hurt you more, and dont make yourself this lonely, you have B.nanu and the whole family now, you now need no sister who is your husbands pathetic ex .... I said in one breath

I was saying..... I stopped her and grabbed the wallet and was about to leave...

But turned again emptied my wallet and thrusted the notes in her palm, obviously she would need money to go back... Go back...Take care of yourself and B.nanu...and hosake toh try to live separately from the poddars because they don't value their bahus...

I stuffed the money more in her hand.... Aur haan travel safe.... I said and walked in a whiff after clearing my bill....

As I walked up in the streets sweating profusely, gasping for my breathe , it was like all my guilt got refreshed and was hurting me even more..

I held my heart as it was pricking the hell out of me , trying to breathe , suffocating me more as I sat on the median of the middle of the road...

********************

Planning to write some abhimaan scenes What say?

How was this chappy?? Drop in your thoughts and vote it up