...A Better Place

A.N.: I don't know why, but I feel like I'm slowly getting more sucked into the plotbunnies's mad scheme for this story lmao. 

 X Text

"X" Talking

X Phoenix's voice

'X' Thoughts

X Lines & Descriptions from Fate

Warning: Mentions of drug use

Chapter 4: ...A Better Place

The adults stared at Daphne in shock, before Mike sputtered, not believing it. "Where's Dr. Silverman when you need him?" 

"Calm down, Mike." Vanessa rubbed his bicep, looking as though the world had been altered. To her, it really had been, in a way. "So... you're her sister?" 

"Yes." Daphne breathed out, looking silently at the sextuplet before looking back. "And she can't know, not yet." 

"Why not?" Mike frowned. "If I had a long-lost sister that I never knew, I'd do anything to meet her, and I know that Bloom is the same way." 

Daphne smiled bitterly. "Mr. Peters, I am a spirit. I have no corporeal form. At best, the most I could do is speak with her." 

"Bloom would still love that chance, to have a sibling," Vanessa said softly. "She's struggled to make friends, and as I cannot have my own, she's been a lonely child." 

The others winced at the delicate reference to the woman's infertility, some gaining looks of pity. 

"Oh, how terrible." Daphne gasped, staring at the woman who'd raised her sister sadly. "That is a fate that no one should wish upon such a wonderful couple." 

Vanessa smiled and Mike gave a weak grin. "We might not have been able to have our own children, but Bloom coming into our lives was nothing short of a blessing," Vanessa confessed. 

"And I extend my thanks to you both for keeping my sister safe and raising her with a good moral center," Daphne responded formally. 

Meanwhile, the boys sat at a table nearby. 

"So, what do you think is coming next?" Brandon asked curiously. 

"I don't know, but my counterpart better get back at that nature fairy." Riven scowled. "Who uses vines to choke someone? That's not fairy-like at all." 

"You're right." Timmy adjusted his glasses. "It was most unacceptable behavior for any fairy to exhibit." 

"I think we should just be happy that our world is nothing like that one." Sky said firmly. "Too many things went wrong too fast, and there is a startling lack of explanations as to why." 

"It could be that was a great war that ended with more catastrophes than our own, the one from sixteen years ago," Timmy suggested as he adjusted his glasses. 

"My parents refuse to talk about it." Brandon shivered. "All they've hinted at when I was younger was that it was a terrible and horrid war that consumed so many realms, including Dyamond and Domino." 

"The world of ice and amethyst crystals?" Timmy asked, startled. "And the planet of the mythical Dragon Flame?" 

Sky nodded. "My father allowed me to learn of Eraklyon's part in the last war, and it wasn't pretty. We were forced to draft nearly half of our citizens to stop three witches who were said to be evil incarnate."