FA 02 - An impressive entrance

FA = At the Addams Family

Summary:

Wednesday went to pick up Enid from the station. Thing and Lurch accompanied them. The journey went well despite Enid's stress. But she has a simple goal in mind: to make a good impression to earn a hug from Wednesday.

---

Lurch stops the car in the parking lot not far from the entrance. He gets out to open the door, from which Enid exits, thanking him, Thing perched on her shoulder. He waits for Wednesday to come out and closes the door. She passes in front of Enid and stops at the entrance door. Lurch opens the trunk and is about to take Sinclair's luggage.

-I can handle it, but thanks.

The butler straightens up, and Enid takes her things. She carries her backpack on her back and holds a gift in her hand. Wednesday turns to her. Her voice trembles:

-Oh...

She meets her gaze and takes a deep breath. She climbs the steps but stays behind her friend. Thing is on her shoulder, encouraging her while Addams rings the doorbell. The door opens directly to her mother. Her left arm raised, her face turned to the sky but her gaze fixed on Enid, she politely greets her.

-Miss Sinclair, welcome!

-Good morning, Mrs. Addams.

Wednesday is neutral about her mother's game and enters. Morticia, with a warm smile, gestures for Enid to follow her with a movement of her left hand. Lurch closes the door behind him.

-Gomez needs help with the dish.

The servant nods and leaves. She turns to the guest:

-Enid, right?

-Yes...

-You can call me Morticia.

Wednesday looks at her mother's face without moving and then at Enid.

-Do you have your luggage? Lurch can take care of it.

The hostess starts to call her by raising her hand in her direction, but Enid interrupts.

-Don't bother, Mrs. A... um, Morticia. I can take them up by myself.

-In that case... She raises a hand towards her daughter while still looking at her guest.

-Wednesday, you can accompany her to your room.

-Follow me.

She passes by her friend and goes up the stairs.

-We'll meet for dinner.

She winks at Sinclair, who thanks her and starts to climb the stairs slowly. When Morticia is out of sight, she climbs faster to catch up with her friend. When they reach the top, Wednesday stops, but Enid continues her way.

-Enid!

She pulls her back to her level by the arm. Firecrackers explode everywhere in the hallway. Pugsley emerges from his hiding spot.

-You're not funny! It was going to work!

A dark look responds to him.

-Pfhhhh

He looks at Enid, and his eyes stop on her hands.

-You really are a werewolf then!

She straightens up and puts her nails back to normal. She seems destabilized and embarrassed.

-...

-Too cool!

He advances towards her, but his sister stands in his way.

-Clean that up.

He stops and sighs, rolling his eyes before turning around and leaving. Wednesday starts to move forward again.

-Walk in my steps.

They finally arrive in her room. A radiant smile lights up Enid's face.

-It's so you!

-...

The room has few furnishings. A single bed is against the wall. The room is lit by daylight passing through a large window in front of it.

To the right of the window, there is a single bed. A guitar is placed at the end of the bed, not far from a cello. To the left, there is her vinyl player followed by her desk. On top, there are books, a photo frame, and her typewriter illuminated by a candle placed at the end of the desk. A piano is against the wall. Between the two pieces of furniture, a drawing is framed. A sideboard, next to the instrument, displays different skulls. A collection of blades and knives is hanging above the furniture.

On the same wall as the door, there is a coat rack on the left. On the right, there is a clock and a large guillotine.

The floor and walls are dark brown wood with black cracks. The ceiling, on the other hand, is dark gray.

Sinclair places her belongings at the foot of a desk. Her gaze meets a black and white photo placed on the desk. She takes it and looks at it more closely. On it, Enid and Eugene smile side by side.

-Oh Wednesday, you're so cute...

The latter tries to take back the frame, but Sinclair raises her arm in the air.

-I was supposed to throw it away.

Enid moves her face closer to hers, a mischievous smile on her lips.

-Mmmmm...

Addams steps closer to her even more:

-Believe me, you haunt my mind enough as it is.

On these words, Enid blushes, unsettled, and returns the frame to her. Wednesday quickly puts it away in a drawer. She takes a quick tour of the room.

-You have a guillotine?! She moves forward and examines it.

-It's too creepy...

-Thank you.

She looks around for an object.

-Guess it will be a dark mood ...

String lights emerge from the ceiling, and a colorful blanket lands on the bed.

-How?

-The house is haunted. It helped me prepare your part.

-It's creepy and amazing at the same time.

The room trembles. Enid is caught by her friend.

-It's quickly sensitive.

-That means she hears everything we say.

-Don't worry, I'll wait until it's gone to suffocate you.

-Ah Ah. She turns to the ceiling. I'm sorry for touching you, I'll try to be more respectful.

She bows her head forward as a sign of apology. Wednesday crosses her arms:

-Enid, it's used t...

The string lights light up in different colors, and the walls growl. Wednesday raises her eyebrows in surprise, while Enid looks at her with a smile.

-Interesting...

-Alright.

She moves towards her friend, raising her arms:

-Can you give me a tour?

-...

--- --- ---

Illustration by Mulan_3000"

--- --- ---

Author note :

I really need to refresh the illustration, with some months past I see the default. Guess I will do it with the other one day.

Feel free to comment if something isn't clear. It helps me improve the story.

Thank you for reading this chapter, don't hesitate to like.

Peace ✌️