12.

CHAPTER TWELVE

She had hid the knife underneath her pillow.

She walked around the cabin like it was made of glass.

She wondered if he was honest about having cameras, the idea freaked her out.

Had he put cameras in her apartment?

The thought of it made her sick.

She wandered around the cabin, taking in each detail like her life depended on it. She wanted nothing but to break a window and make a run for it but the paranoia was keeping her from moving. It stilled her body like a poison, turning her limbs cold and inert. He'd been smart, he'd scared her enough for her to feel watched even when she was alone.

She felt stupid, everything in her body told her to run and attempt to get as far as she could. Her mind hindered her, she was too scared to act impulsive. She needed a good enough plan, she needed to know which way to go and make sure he wouldn't catch her right away.

So she didn't dare to try to escape. She didn't have a plan and if he caught her again, she was sure he would never let her see the light of day again. He'd left her alone, eventually he would make a mistake and she would take it as her chance to run. It would give her time to be prepared, to make it out alive.
She knew he wasn't stupid, while he was arrogant she knew that he wouldn't leave her if he wasn't certain she couldn't escape.

It almost felt like a trap.

She wondered if he was hiding outside, waiting for her to attempt to escape to catch her at an instant.

She tried to prepare her mind, if he did tried to harm her she needed to use the knife under her pillow.

She knew her only leverage was his emotions for her, she needed to use it until she couldn't.

She glanced at what she figured was his bedroom.

Was her phone in there?

She grabbed the handle, finding the door locked.
She sighed, running her hands over her face with frustration.

The long game.

Be patient.

Don't let the desperation make you irrational.

It probably wasn't a habit for him to lock his own bedroom, if luck was on her side he would forget and she could call for help.

She went into the guest room where he had kept her, locking herself in the bathroom and starting the shower. She rummaged trough the cabinets, finding shower gel, tampons and toothbrushes. The shampoo and conditioner was the exact same brand she kept at home.

He'd prepped to keep her here.

He'd plan and bought everything to keep her isolated.

She wondered if he had planned how to get rid of her if it didn't work out.

She began freaking out, the thought of her own face on a missing poster began to feel real, too real.