Is Steve Jealous? (1/2)

Steve isn't normally a jealous person, but today has been different.

It all started this morning, when Steve woke up to an empty bed. He shrugged it off, thinking that Eddie was just downstairs, but when he finally went downstairs, Eddie was nowhere to be found. The only sign of his metalhead boyfriend was the note sitting on the kitchen counter. Steve rubbed his eyes, before picking up the note. It was a piece of paper clearly ripped from a notebook.

It read, "My Dearest, Steve, if you wake up and can't find me, don't worry. Gareth asked me to come help him move around some new furniture at his place. It was very last minute. I should be home around 10:00 to take you to work. Lots of Love, Eddie."

Steve smiles, before checking the clock above the doorway. Eddie should be here in an hour, so he sets the note down and gets some breakfast. He makes eggs and toast for himself and settles into the couch.

Breakfast is not the point of this story, so we will skip to Eddie finally getting home.

While Steve is getting dressed, he hears the front door open. A smile appears on his face, knowing that Eddie is back on time to drive him to work. Without warning, a different laugh is heard. Steve doesn't recognize the laugh at first. That is until a snort echoes through Steve's brain. Eddie has brought Gareth with him. When Steve is dressed, he runs downstairs and practically jumps onto Eddie. The older catches him, and they share a kiss.

"Good morning to you too!" Eddie exclaims, pulling Steve away to see his face.

Steve smiles, "Morning!"

Gareth laughs at the two, and Steve immediately turns to face him.

"Oh, hi, Gareth!" he greets, panic in his voice, after he completely forgot about his presence.

"Hey, Steve!" he replies, a small smile plastered onto his face.

"Well," Eddie begins, "I guess we should leave right away. Don't want you to be late to work."

Steve nods his head and grabs his uniform vest from the coat rack. Together, the three of them head to Steve's BMW. Eddie drives, Steve sits in the front seat, and Gareth hangs out in the back of the car.

At this point in the morning, Steve didn't really think much of Gareth's presence with them. He started noticing him more a little bit later in the day.

After working at Family Video for around an hour, Eddie and Gareth, who had been walking around the town, return. They push through the doors laughing hysterically. Everyone inside the video store's eyes quickly land on the two boys. Steve, who is at the right corner organizing TV shows, looks up at the two. His eyes linger, as he watches them try to compose themselves.

"Oh My God!" Gareth exclaims, attempting to quiet down and catch his breath.

Eddie laughs even more at the lack of breath Gareth has, and Steve watches them from the corner. He watches, as Gareth's hand travels up and down Eddie's arm. He watches even more intently, when Gareth rests his head on Eddie's shoulder with his arms wrapped around the older's arm in an attempt to keep his balance. Steve's eyes are glued to this scene, but he finally averts his gaze, when he sees Eddie's hands grab onto Gareth's waist. He shuts out the noises behind him and continues organizing. After a few minutes go by, Steve finishes the shelf and it's time for him to switch places with Robin. He takes over the cash register. He lets out a sigh, when he realizes that he has a perfect view of Eddie and Gareth sitting on the floor in the corner of the glass towards the front of the store. The two are talking about some comic book Gareth has in his hands. With some analyzation of Gareth's face, one would clearly be able to see the love behind his eyes, but Steve just shrugs off the thought and continues working.