Love-Birds & Protection

The music begins pumping through the group's blood, the second they walk into a gay club they found half an hour outside of Hawkins.

"Okay, let's find you a girlfriend!" Steve excitedly announces, as he grabs Robin's hand and pulls her into the rainbow-lit room.

Eddie sighs and follows closely behind them. Their first mission is to check for cute girls on the dance floor. Steve and Robin stand up against the wall and watch as the many different club-goers drink and dance. Eddie, on the other hand, is leaning on the wall wishing he wasn't there.

"What about that girl? She's hot." Steve says, pointing at a fem-presenting person in an all pink outfit.

Robin thinks to herself before responding, "She is cute, but she's not my type."

Steve sighs, "What about the one in all black?"

"Hmm, not my type." Robin answers.'

"Oh come on! They are all hot. You should talk to her at least." Steve huffs out.

Before Robin could even respond, Steve starts pulling her to the girl in all black.

"Excuse me!" Steve announces, as he taps the girl on her shoulder.

The girls turns around, still jiving to the music a bit, "Yeah?"

"I'm just going to get straight to the point. Do you like girls?" Steve asks, Robin cowering behind him.

The girl laughs, "Yes, why?"

Steve smiles, "I have a very shy friend that would love to meet you."

He pulls Robin out from behind him and says, "This is Robin. She's cute, smart, and funny. A true catch."

The girl smiles and raises her hand to shake Robin's. When their hands meet, she smiles even more, "I'm Dove."

Steve coos, "Have fun, you two love-birds!"

He excitedly skips back to Eddie, who is still leaning on the wall.

"Babe, her name is Dove. It's a match made in heaven!" Steve excitedly announces, as he hops in front of Eddie.

Eddie leaves his trance and looks up at Steve with a soft smile, "That's cute."

Steve nods his head and grabs Eddie's hand, "Let's get a drink."

"I like the sound of that." Eddie says, before they walk to the bar.

Over twenty minutes go by, before they finally hear from Robin. She runs over to the two of them and joins them at their table.

"Oh my gosh! How'd that go?" Steve asks, the second he notices Robin.

Robin smiles, "It was amazing. I got her number, and she is actually from Ciderville!"

Steve squeals, "That's like a fifteen minute drive from Hawkins!"

"I know!" Robin exclaim, equally as excited.

"Okay," Steve begins, "I need to get us drinks to celebrate!"

Before anyone can change his mind, Steve is up and strutting over to the bar.

"My god." Eddie sighs, unable to match their energy.

Robins laughs, "What's up with you?"

"Nothing. Just tired." Eddie responds, talking a sip of his beer.

Robin nods her head and leans back in her seat. She just met such an awesome girl; nothing could knock her off of this high. At least, that's what she thought for a solid two minutes, before she notices a guy talking to Steve at the bar.

"Is it just me, or is Steve being flirted with?" Robins announces, pulling Eddie's eyes from the table and over to his boyfriend.

Low and behold, a long-haired guy in a leather jacket is talking to Steve. Eddie rolls his eyes at the way the guy smiles at Steve.

"Are you going to stop him?" Robin questions, after a minute of silence.

"No," Eddie begins, "He knows his limits."

Robin, unsure of who the 'he' was in that statement, responds, "What?"

Eddie sighs, "I will only act, if and when it is necessary."

When the youngers eyes fall back on his boyfriend, he notices the hand on Steve's arm and the other resting on the bar. He notices the uncomfortable look on Steve's face, as the man scooches closer. The second his hand falls onto Steve's thigh and Steve's eyes meet Eddie's, he's on the prowl.

"You know, you're–pretty gorgeous." the man says, his words slurring a bit.

He goes to say more, but is taken back by the new-found cold grip on his hand.

"What do you think you're doing?" Eddie questions, gaining the attention of the man.

The guy huffs, "I'm trying to flirt here, dude. Can you find someone else?"

"No," Eddie begins, lifting the guy's hand off of Steve's thigh, "Cause this is my boyfriend."

The guy immediately retaliates, "Yo, sorry, dude! I didn't know!"

He is quick to hop up from the bar stool and walk away.

"Thanks, Eds." Steve exhales, his hands finding Eddie's waist.

"Of course, my love. No one can make you uncomfortable and not face me." Eddie states, laying a kiss on Steve's lips.

"Here are your drinks, love-birds." the bartender says, a smile on her face.

Eddie smiles and takes the drinks. Before they leave, Steve hands her the money and they share a smile.

"What just went down over there?" Robin asks, the second the boys are within earshot of her.

"Just some drunk guy." Steve responds, taking a seat at the table.

Eddie sets the two drinks down and pushes them to Steve and Robin.

"But don't mind that, we're celebrating you and this Dove of yours." Steve excitedly shifts the topic and grabs his glass.

The three instinctively raise their glasses.

"Cheers!" they yell, as their glasses clink together.