The Grand Finale (1/2)

This is my take on a very particular and super fun scene for Eddie fans. Enjoy <3

.

.

.

.

If only Steve noticed Eddie's affection before their last day together,

This was it; the moment the motley crew had been waiting for. They were going to kill Vecna. Steve, Eddie, Dustin, Robin, and Nancy said their goodbyes and goodlucks to Lucas, Max, and Erica, as they slung themselves and their equipment into The Upside-Down. Steve was the last one to fall from the gateway in the roof of Eddie's RV. When he hit the mattress, he was quickly met with Eddie's hand in his face. They made eye contact, and the older gave him a knowing look. Steve sighed and grabbed a hold of Eddie's hand, before he got pulled up from the mattress. Their hands lingered together, until Steve pulled away to help Robin with the molotov-cocktail bottles.

"Alright," Nancy began, "We should get moving to our positions."

Everyone nodded in acknowledgment and got their stuff together. Once they were ready, Steve, Robin, and Nancy left the RV. As they walked away, Dustin called out for Steve. When he turned around, he was hit with Dustin. Steve smiled sadly, and pulled Dustin in. After a minute, Dustin let go, tears rolling down his face.

"Goodluck." the youngest said, a sad smile on his face.

"Goodluck to you too, Dusty." Steve replied, before turning around again.

"Hey, Steve." Eddie said, his hand falling onto Steve's shoulder.

Steve turned around, his eyes glistened in the dark red lighting surrounding them.

Eddie pauses for a second, rethinking what he should say before blurting out, "Make him pay."

A devastated grin appeared on Steve face, as he nodded his head. A quick look into the older's eyes, and Steve could feel that there was more. He meant to say more, but Steve brushed off the thought and the three of them began walking off. The second their backs were facing them, Eddie let out a quiet sob. Dustin held onto his hand, knowing exactly what he was upset about.

"We should get the RV ready." Dustin said, his voice low and tender.

Eddie nodded his head, whipped his face and went back to the RV.

~ Time Skip ~

It was time, Eddie was standing on the roof of the trailer with his trusty guitar. Dustin gave him the okay, and Eddie began to play his comfort song, Master of Puppets. His heart immediately began pounding, when he noticed the bats flying towards him.

"Okay, abort!" Dustin yelled, once the bats were at a relatively close distance.

The two quickly jumped off the roof and ran for the gateway in the trailer. While they were figuring out the logistics of getting out, loud crashes echoed throughout the trailer. They had to act fast.

"Okay, get up!" Eddie yelled, helping Dustin climb the sheet and flip into the real world.

When Dustin hit the mattress, he quickly moved out the way for Eddie, but when he looked up into the gateway, Eddie had stopped moving.

"What are you doing? Come on!" Dustin yelled, as Eddie hopped down from the sheet.

Dustin yelled more, while Eddie cut the sheet and moved the mattress.

"Eddie! No! What are you doing?" Dustin yelled again, his heart pounding on his chest.

Eddie looked up at Dustin and smiled, "Tell Steve that I love him."

That was the last thing Eddie said, before running out of the trailer. Dustin's screams echoed throughout the Upside-Down, as Eddie hopped on a bike and rode as fast as he could. He was immediately chased by the bats. He could feel his heart pounding out of his chest, as he peddled away from the trailer. The only thing flooding his mind was Steve. He regretted not telling Steve what he actually wanted to say. The anger towards himself motivated him to pick up his pace, almost forgetting that he was being chased by ravenous flying monsters. After a minute of biking, he began slowing down. He almost threw up, when he came to halt on the pavement of the trailer park. He threw the bike to the ground and turned to face the bats. He grabbed his spear and shield.

"Here goes nothing." he said, his nerves coming into reality.

After fighting off a few bats, he was knocked out on the pavement. To his luck, the bats were distracted by the noises of Vecna calling them to defend him.

"Eddie! Where are you?!" Dustin yelled, limping quickly through the trailer park.

His heart broke at the sight of Eddie lying on the ground. He sobbed, as he hopped over to his body and kneeled down next to him. A huge weight was lifted off of his shoulders, when he felt Eddie's breath on his face, but he couldn't stop himself from crying. He sat on the pavement, his head buried in Eddie's chest for what felt like hours, waiting for the older to regain consciousness. He ignored the loud noises coming from Vecna's "house." He didn't even notice, Steve, Robin, and Nancy yelling for him, as they ran to the gateway.

Steve's heart dropped, when he finally saw Dustin's shadow on the ground sitting next to what looked like Eddie's lifeless body. He immediately began sobbing, as he ran over to the two of them.

"Dustin!" he yelled, finally catching Dustin's attention.

"Steve!" Dustin yelled in response, looking around to find him.

"What's going on?" Steve asked, still running towards them.

"He's alive but not responding!" Dustin sobbed, before looking back at Eddie to make sure that he was, in fact, breathing.

When Steve finally reached them, he wrapped Dustin in his arms for second before giving his attention to Eddie.

"We need to get out of here." Robin yelled, running up to them.

Steve nodded his head and moved to Eddie's feet. He was quick to put Eddie's legs into a triangle position. He then pressed his feet on Eddie's. He grabbed the older's arms and gently hoasted him over his shoulder. When Eddie was resting on Steve, he noticed Dustin's leg.

"What happened to your leg?" he asked, panic lacing every word.

"Long story." Dustin replied, slowly standing up onto his other leg.

Robin and Nancy are quick to give Dustin support. The five of them hurried back to Eddie's RV, where Robin grabbed another two sheets from the bathroom. Nancy set Dustin on the couch and moved the mattress under the gateway again. After Robin tied the sheets together, she threw one end into the gateway. The sheets perfectly replicated the original sheet rope.

"Alright, how will this work?" Nancy asked, as she realized that they had an unconscious person and an injured person to get through the gateway.

Steve sighed, carefully setting Eddie onto the couch, "Nancy you're going to go up first and then Dustin you'll go after her. Be very carefully of your leg, when you fall. Now, the only way we are going to be able to get Eddie through is dangerous, but we have to do it. Robin and I are going to lift him up into the gateway. When he begins to enter through on your side, Nancy and Dustin, you're going to have to pull him down. But before that, you guys need to get more cushions around the mattress up there."

Everyone nodded their head, and the plan immediately went into action. Nancy climbed the sheet and flipped into the real Hawkins. She quickly gathered more cushions around and on the mattress, before Dustin fell through. Thankfully, he landed without causing further pain to his leg. When the two were situated, Steve checked Eddie's heart again. He took a deep breathe, before hoasting him up again. Robin was quick to help and they carefully lifted Eddie head first into the gateway. Nancy's breath hitched, when Eddie's head crossed the boundary. Dustin and her pulled onto Eddie, and before they could even process what was about to happen, Eddie's body hit the mattress. Dustin quickly checked his heartbeat, and he sighed in relief, when it was still beating. Together, Nancy and Dustin, gently pulled Eddie's body out from under the gateway. It was a matter of seconds, before Steve and Robin were back into reality.

"Okay, let's get him to the hospital." Steve quickly stated, sweat dripping down his face.