002

I was now 20, almost 21, and I had my own apartment.

I convinced myself to get out of bed and go to the bathroom to start my day.

When I left my parents that night I didn't know what to think, I didn't know where I'd be.

Once I was in the bathroom I took my shower, followed by skincare and getting dressed.

Once I did that, I marched myself to the kitchen to pour a bowl of cereal.

"Fuck, there's no milk." I sighed.

I wasn't planning on going out anywhere today, but I guess I had to now. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to get a few more groceries.

I slipped on my shoes, grabbed my purse, phone and keys, and locked the door behind me.

I drove to the local shopping center. This was pretty much the mall of our area, it had a Target, Sephora, few restaurants, and quite a few other businesses.

Putting the car in park, I made a straight line for the Target.

Not.

I went to Sephora first, obviously.

Then I munched on a few samples at Costco as I went around buying my bulk home care supplies, went around the actually shopping mall area and found some cute clothes.

Finally it was time for Target. After taking my things to the car, I realized it was starting to get darker. Was I really out this long?

I made my way inside target, grabbed my cart and headed straight for the dairy.

I grabbed regular milk, adding almond milk, and creamer to the cart for my coffee.

I also went to the breakfast bars and picked up a variety pack, some ramen, a cute little ramen dish set, a fluffy blanket and matching pillow, popcorn, various candies and snacks, and some sodas.

Never let a girl run loose in Target.

After I purchased my groceries I pushed the cart over to the Starbucks.

"Hey, what can I get started for you?" Asked the barista, Nate was his name.

"Hi! I'm gonna make this easy because I know how hard a baristas job is: I will get a Grande iced Carmel coffee, and one of the Lemon Loafs please!"

"Of course, is regular milk okay?" He asked doodling down on the cup.

I nodded.

"Alright thanks, it'll be ready in the end for you."

"Don't I have to pay?" I asked.

He shook his head no. "Ma'am, we've been open for hours today so far every single customer has had a problem with the service. You're the first one to be polite, your order is in me today." He smiled.

I smiled back. "Can I at least give you the money I was going to use to pay as a tip?"

"I couldn't ask you to do that, your kindness is enough."

"I insist." I say as I shove $15 in his hand. "You have a good day!" I smile and move down the line.

5 minutes later, the man comes around the corner of the stand and hands me my drink and treat.

"Here you go miss. I made you a Venti."

"Why?"

"To make it more worth the money, of course."I saw him smile again.

"Thank you." I smiled back.

"How would you like a job?" Nate asked me.

"A job?"

"Yes, a job. You clearly have a knack for this industry. You worked as a barista before, yes?"

"How did you..?"

"I assumed. You clearly care about the baristas and the people that make your orders. You genuinely mean it when telling someone to have a good day, and you're very generous."

"I guess so.."

"I want to get you in touch with my other hiring manager, see if we can fit you a position."

"O-okay."

Nate takes my phone. "Here's my number, and here's a paper application. Text that number when you're done and we'll set up a date to interview you." He pulls a few papers from his pocket.

"Alright well...I'll give you a call."