003

After the interaction with the barista, I went to the car, put all my groceries in the trunk and headed home.

I make it back to the apartment complex, sighing as I now have to carry these up 3 flights of stairs.

"Little at a time." I whisper to myself.

I strapped my purse around me tightly and opened the trunk.

Okay let's see...

I began strategizing.

~? P.O.V~

I stood there watching her from behind another car. She couldn't see me.

Too innocent. She looks too sweet, I can't hurt her.

She turned to the side, what was she doing?

"Shit, she's beautiful." I mumbled to myself. So I thought. I hid behind the car once more.

"What was that?!" The girl called out quickly turning around, facing my direction. "Who's there?" She called again.

She quickly turned back around, I watched her walk towards the apartments.

She left her trunk up..?

I decided to stand up, out of hiding. With a cigarette in hand I pretended to smoke.

The girl finally came back.

"Would you like some help?" I asked her. Shit, I didn't mean to say that.

"Oh shit!" She turned around and faced me finally. Yep, beautiful. "You scared me. Uh, where did you come from?"

I walked a bit closer. "Oh I was...just in my car here. The smoke got too much in the car so I came outside."

"The apartments aren't smoke free you know? I mean we can smoke inside the buildings."

How the hell was I supposed to know?

"Oh well uh...I just moved here so I wasn't too for sure. Plus my roommates don't like it." I spoke softly, hoping she didn't catch the lies.

"Gotcha, well I live on the third floor. It would explain why I've never seen your face before." She smiled at me.

It was then I noticed she had a few heavy things in her trunk. "Are you sure I can't help?" I asked tossing the cigarette on the ground and smashing it.

"Oh uh sure, there's a few heavy things..I was just saving them honestly." She smiled at me.

"Of course, I'd be happy to help. I'm Seth by the way." I reached out my hand.

She takes it, and lightly shakes it. "Nice to meet you Seth, I'm Hailey."

Such a lovely name. I smiled.

"What would you like me to take?" I asked after the interaction.

"Anything is fine, don't hurt yourself." She smiled.

I took the few remaining bags, she had nothing in her hands. "Seth you don't...you don't have to do that."

She tried to take a bag. "It's okay, it is the least I can do after scaring you."

She nods, closing the trunk and leading me to her apartment. "So what floor are you on?" She asked as we got to her door.

"Oh I'm on the first floor of the building." Lies.

"Oh really? Who moved out?"

I shook my head. "I don't know the names."

"Gotcha, well here I am." She opens the door and allows me to walk in. "Set them on the table for me please?" She asked and walked in behind me.

"Of course."

~NORMAL P.O.V~

I just let a stranger into my home.

Was this safe? Probably not.

Did he show signs of wanting to hurt me? No.

Did I think he was attractive? Maybe.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I spaced out I guess. "I'm fine, was just thinking.."

"About?"

"Putting all these away, making dinner."

He thought to himself. "If you tell me where to put these, I can do it."

"Are you sure?" Seth nodded. "Alright I'll make dinner as a thank you."