Chapter 5

They travelled the next day until they came across a kind farmer with a herd of sheep in his truck. The moment he saw a lady he stopped. 

"Hello there young Lady, are you and these two boys alright?" he asked worriedly. "Yes we are not hurt we just had a little mishap with a puddle not far down the path. Um if it's not to much trouble do you mind if I ask where you are travelling to?"

"Of course young Lady. I'm taking my flock up to the market in London" he explained gesturing to the truck behind. 

She smiled sweetly at the man "We are headed that way to would it be a terrible inconvenience if we joined you."

"No jump aboard, I'm afraid I only one seat upfront but your friends are welcome to travel with us if they don't mind being with the sheep."

Florence glanced at Tewkesbury and Enola who just shrugged. Turning back to the man she kissed him lightly on the cheek "Thank you so much, I promise we shall not be bothersome"

They boarded the truck and drove into London. You could instantly tell when London was here as the endless roads of countryside's and fields were filled with factories and houses and shops, all of which had millions of people bustling around them. 

 The man pulled over at the market and again Florence thanked him. 

"Oh, so this is where we part?" Tewkesbury said to Enola sadly. 

"It is." she said carelessly. 

Smiling he gave a short bow "Then, thank you, Enola Holmes, for helping me here." she gave him a light shove "You were supposed to have forgotten that name."

With a kiss to the back of her palm he whispered "Then you'll have to find another." the two girls gave each other brief nods before Enola walked away. 

Florence noticed as Tewkesbury tried to follow after her. "Viscount-Tewkesbury what are you doing. My family home is this way" she gestured to the opposite direction. 

He turned to her sheepishly "Look Florence you seem like a lovely girl, you really do, but after all the effort I put into escaping, into being free I can't just give that up." 

"Yes you can" Florence insisted "because-because" her eyes darted around trying to find some sort of leverage. That was when she spotted a newspaper with the viscounts face on it and not to far away a policeman. "You will because if not I will call for that policeman over there who will not only arrest you, but also find out your the missing marquess then you shall be brought back forcefully"

Tewkesbury's eyes widened at her threats "Florence please, you don't understand"

"I don't understand? No I don't think you understand, my parents worked very hard to make me your match so I'll be damned to hell if I let that effort go to waste. You know what else will happen, I will be cast from society and deemed unworthy of another match and I will die alone and in shame" She whisper yelled at him so not to draw attention to them or make a spectacle. 

His eyes softened now "Fine, how about a compromise"

Florence looked at him "Please clarify" he explained "What if I give you my promise that I will marry you?"

"Great, that was my exact thinking" Florence said but he stopped her "On one condition." he praised waiting for her to protest when none such came he continued "If you let me live in London for 1 month I give you my word I shall marry you afterwards."

"One weeks" she bargained. He denied "3 weeks?" she offered another compromise "2 Weeks"

Tewkesbury smiled "Deal"

Florence nodded then reminded him "There is just one small issue, my parents. They do not know where I am but one could assume they know that I've found you so really I cannot return home until I bring you with me."

Tewkesbury thought through the predicament for a moment "How about?" he suggested "We rent an apartment for now, I have money and I will earn more and you can explore London freely."

"How exactly are you going to earn money" she asked curiously. He just smiled mischievously flashing his pearly whites "You'll see"

He grabbed her hand and lead her through the city. He wound through crowds of people street after street until finally he stopped. 

"The Flower Market?" she asked. He looked at her unfazed "Well yes, this was always my plan. I would escape, make my way to London and help sell flowers at the flower market."

Florence looked at him questioningly before a smile erupted onto her face. "You really do surprise me Tewkesbury"