Chapter 9

Florence could still feel the adrenaline rushing through her veins as they drove further away from Miss Harrisons. It had been such an exciting day, Florence couldn't remember the last rime she had had so much fun. 

"Thank you. That was, uh...You did save me." she smiled at Tewkesbury and Florence in turn. She gave a slight smirk as she added "The best bit was my idea, but you did save me."

"You're welcome." Tewkesbury said adding a confused "I think."

"I didn't like it in there." Enola explained gesturing behind them. Florence smiled "No. No, of course not. You're too independent and intelligent to worry about the proper way to laugh and dress" Florence complimented. 

Enola smiled and Florence felt happy that she has a new friend. Enola had taught her many things in the short space of time that they had known each other. 

"Now, let's get back to London and find a proper hiding place." Florence said. A moment later Enola brought the automobile to a sudden halt. There was a fork in the road and Enola had a determined look in her eye. 

"Why have we stopped?" Tewkesbury asked extremely confused. Ignoring him she turned to the girl driving "Enola, whatever you're planning..." she suddenly snapped out of it and told them "We need to go to Basilweather."

"What?!" Tewkesbury exclaimed. Even Florence thought she had gone mad. But with Enola Holmes there was often a method to her madness. 

"An injustice has occurred. It's time to right some wrongs." she brought the automobile to life and turned to the left at full speed. "You want a culprit, find the motive." she muttered. 

"I don't understand. Enola talk to us" Florence begged. Not even sparing her a glance Enola asked Tewkesbury "When were you due to be inducted into the Lords?"

"I'm Viscount Tewkesbury. Imminently." He told her obviously. "How would you have voted on the bill?" she quizzed. He thought for a minute before answering "The same as my father. I'd be for it."

"Who knew that? And who stands to gain the estate with your father dead and if you die?" Enola prompted. Florence beginning to piece it together "His uncle. You think that it was his uncle's doing?"

"Doesn't it make sense?" Enola asked them. "But he's a powerful man. What on earth could we do?" Tewkesbury reminded her. Giving Enola a small smile Florence turned to Tewkesbury and said "Solve the crime, of course."

Tewkesbury's face fell "Enola, we are both extremely lucky to have lived this long, and you want to drive us into a place where there is most certain danger?"

"Sometimes, Lord Tewkesbury, you have to dangle your legs in the water to attract the bloody sharks!" Enola explained. 

He just yelled "Why would we want to attract the bloody sharks?" Florence laughed "Good point." but while she did not know what they were going to do she knew Enola would make a plan.

The entire journey there all Florence could think about was That this is a terrible idea. The closer they got the worst the idea was becoming but this wasn't going to stop them. They wanted to protect Tewkesbury and to do so they needed to stop the assassination attempts at the source. 

Florence just gripped her fan tighter as they approached the Basilweather Estate.