Poems and love letters

*James's POV*
''What's that?'' Sirius points at the piece of parchment I'm holding. ''Nothing Pads. It's nothing.'' I know that if he takes it the whole Gryffindor tower will know that it's not nothing. ''Give it here Prongs.'' He tries before just janking it out of my hands. "PADS'' I yell. A few seconds later Remus comes to see what the hell is going on. ''What are you yellling about?'' He asks when he's finaly inside. ''PRONGS GOT A LOVE LETTER!'' Sirius yells before I even got the change to explain it. ''ITS NOT A LOVE LETTER!'' I corect him. ''Oehh...What does it say" Peter pops in here aswell. ''Pads, please don't.'' I try to stop him but it's already to late as he starts reading it out loud.

''My star
Your sparkling eyes,
your dazzling smiles
Driving me crazy every day

I promised myself never to fall
But my heart never listens anyway

You are my star,
I admire from afar

The moment you're my sight
Was such a delight
Which introduced me to enteral light

No matter what's my future
The smile you gave never gonna tarnish
And your picture in my memories never gonna vanish''
-R.A.B

"A love letter as I said." "it's not...pads please" "who is it from?" Remus asks."I don't know,Rem. They didn't leave a name. Just R.A.B." he sounds disappointed. "Really that's it? well that's disappointing. Wait aren't Regulus's initials RAB?" "Regulus as in my brother Regulus?" " yeah! What is his middle name?" "Acturus" I say before Sirius could even think about it. ''R.A.B. We found him.Wait.... James how did you know?'' Remus heads turns so fast you can hear his neck almost snapping. I think it's better to not awnser that question and leave.

I'm walking trough the hallway when I run into Remus. ''James, wait.'' ''Oh, hi Rem'' ''What do you want to do now you know who writes you those letters?'' ''You could write back ofc.'' He adds before I could even think about a awnser. '' Great idea but you forgot one thing. I can't write.'' '' I'll help you. come too the library at 3.'' ''Really you'll do that for me.''

* at the library at 3*
''James if you want me to help you, you need to come up with something.'' ''I know, but I don't know what to write.'' ''So you tell me that you have every girl at your feet but you don't know how to flirt with a guy? Honestly Prongs." ''I don't know what to tell you, Rem I don't like them.'' ''But we have to do something, What do you want to say to him?'' " That I know he's the one giving me these and I feel the same." ''Okay that's a start." Remus says hodding his head slowly. After 1,5 hours of Remus and James working hard the poem is finnaly done.

*Regulus's POV*
I sit down in the great hall with Barty and Evan next to me. I want to start dinner but a owl flies in my direction. That can't be mine right. Wrong, the owl that flew towords me is mine. A letter hits my plate before I can pick it up I hear Barty going ''OOOOHHHHH'' ''Shut up Barty" I hit him with the letter. Big mistake. He grabs the letter and hold on to it with enough force so I can't get it out of his hands but not enough to rip it apart. He starts to open the letter. I get up snatch the letter out of his hands when he's looking away for a second and leave. I can go without dinner today. I walk out of the geat hall. trough the castle back to my dorm. I sit down at my desk and open the letter. Where I first thought that my mom had send me another death treath. But that wasn't the case this time. It was a poem. A poem form the person I've been sending poems to for the last 8 weeks. This is what the poem says.

I choose you
again and again
at the start and finish
of every single day
no matter the season
no matter the age

I choose you
top struggle and succeed with
to fight and wake up with
to love and grow old with

I choose you
knowing there are still trails
we must travel
knowing there are mountains
left to climb

I choose you
to allways be by my side
- James Potter

I finished reading the page. I get the sudden urge to turn the page around. I don't know why but it just feels right. I'm glad I did because there's something writen on the back. ''Meet me at the astronomy tower at 3am''.I'm kinda shocked that he worte back at all but he didn't just write back he asked me to come to him.

The next few hours were hell. I had to wait 7 and a half hours. Those 7 and a half hours don't add up to the 10 weeks I've had a crush on him. But tonight at 3 this would be all over. I see that the back was writen later than the poem. But what if this would all be a joke and he doesn't show up. I hear a nock on the door. I quickly hide the letter in one of the notebooks on my desk.

''Reggie, are you in there?'' I know who it is without even looking. It's Pandora. I compleetly forgot that we're going to the lake tonight. Perfect that would keep my mind of of things. ''Yes, be right out.'' I grab my notebook and leave. I realize that with grabbing my notebook something falls out. The letter. The letter James send me. I want to pick it up with the hope nobody saw. Forget about the nobody seeing part. I go to pick it up but i trip over my own feet. With a loud bang I end up on the floor again. Pandora storms in to see want happend. ''Are you okay?'' ''Yeah I'm fine just triped.'' She gives me a hand up and we walk to the lake.

*at the lake*
''so your saying that you've been writing poems and love letters to someone and your suprised they actually wrote back?'' Pandora asks me after I told her what I've been doing. ''Well, yes but don't look at me like that.'' We stay by the lake untile it gets dark. We walk up to the castle chatting. ''Who is it tho?'' ''Yeah who send you that?'' Dorcas and Pandora asks in sink. ''Really don't tell anyone but.'' I go to whisper something in there ears. ''That's non of your busniss.'' They pull there heads away. ''Don't think we won't find out.'' Pandora says teasing.

It's 2:45 am and I'm on my way to the astronomy tower. I walk up to the door when a thought came up that makes me regret even comming here. What if he doesn't show up. I let my body rest against the door. I slowly get down until I'm compleetly seated. I hear someone walk around like they're waiting on someone. I quickly get up and open the door.

He stands with his back to me. ''James?'' He turns around. ''Reggie!'' He walks towords me. I close the door behind me. ''Come with me. I want to show you something.'' He says so fast that I don't even know what to say. ''Ehh..Okay.'' He takes my hand and walks me over to the balcony. He points the the sky. ''There thats Regulus the star.'' I was shocked that he even knew that Regulus is a star. ''Here come sit.'' He leads me to the floor under the glass roof. We lay down under the night sky.

''Why did you send those poems.'' James asks. ''Well.. Because I like-'' I can't even finnish my scentice before I feel his lips reach for mine. he tilts my head just enough for him to compleetly let go. We kiss for so long that I have to take a break because there's no air left in my lungs. ''Soo... It's clear to say that you like me back.'' ''Obviously.'' We kiss until we almost fall asleep. We wonder back to the point we have to split apart. ''bye'' I say and I plant one last kiss on his lips before making my way back into the dungeons.

''Well your smiley.'' ''Oh..FUCK YOU BARTY!'' For the first time in weeks I go to bed without having to write another poem. I evantualy fall asleep with a smile on my face. I haven't smiled like this in months.

*13 feburary*
Me and James have been dating for a while and I haven't writen a letter in almost 4 months. But because it's valentines day tomorow I decited that I'm gonna write another letter for him.

*The next Morning*
''Hi.'' I say when I arive by the Gryffindor table. ''Hi, why are you here my star.'' I love that he calls me his star. ''I got something for you.'' I say while getting the parchment out og my pocket. ''Ehh.. Why?'' ''James, I told you this weeks ago.'' ''Ohh is this about that valetines thing?'' ''James, are you kidding me?'' ''Don't be mad I got you something to. I just left it in the dorm." ''Here.'' I hand him the poem I wrote for him. "What did he write you.'' Sirius joins us at the table.

''Heart of butterflies
you touched my hand
you touched my skin
my hair, my neck, my deepest sin

you touched my head
you touched my ears
took off my mask, revealed my fears

you kissed my eyes
you kissed my lips
left me in the dark like an eclipse

you looked at me
I saw your eyes
you touched my heart of butterflies.''