Love & Secrets pt 1

*Reggie's POV*

It's 8 am on the 25th of 1977. I wake up from the loud knocking on the dorm room. ''One minute.'' I yell while grabbing a shirt. James mumbles a little under his breath as he turns to my place in the bed. When I have my shirt on I open the door only to find my brother there. ''Happy birthday.'' He says while holding a sloppy homemade cake. I completely forgot it's my birthday. ''Thanks.'' I force myself to say. ''Who is there, my star?'' Says James while sitting up in bed. ''Just my brother.'' I say. Looking at the face of my brother I can tell he still isn't used to seeing us together. ''But you need to go. We need to finish up in here. We will see you at breakfast.'' He nods and turns around to leave.

''Why didn't you tell me that it's your birthday?'' James's hand slide around my waist. ''Well...I forgot.'' His lips meet my neck. ''Sun...Baby, we have to be in the great hall for breakfast in 10 minutes.'' I turn around. ''That means we still have 10 minutes.'' He says pressing me up to the wall. I wrap my legs around his waist. ''Okay we can be late.'' I tell him in-between kisses. After a few minutes it's really time to get ready. We put on the clothes that we left on the floor last night. ''What are you going to do in the vacation?'' He asks just before leaving the dorms with me. ''I guess I can come with you and Sirius again. If of course it's okay with your mother.'' I close the door behind us.

We walk towards the great hall. Since this is the last day of school before the summer vacation we don't have any lessons anymore. We enter the great hall just before Dumbledore finishes his speech. We sit down quickly on the Gryffindor table before we disturb him. James sits down next to Remus. There wasn't much space left so to make it easy I choose to sit down on James's lap. ''Reggie I didn't know you are a Gryffindor now. And James are you in Slytherin?'' Sirius let out. ''WAIT!'' Sirius sounds confused for some reason no one knows. ''JAMES HAVE YOU BEEN SLEEPING WITH MY BROTHER! YOU BROTHERFUCKER!'' The whole table is looking at Sirius as soon as he said it. ''Sirius, listen. James and I have been dating for over a year. And James has been sleeping with me, in my bed for the last month.'' I say before James ends up in the hospital wing again. The last time (when Sirius found out we are dating) he ended up there because Sirius well.. Padfoot bit him and he ended up with rabies.

After what felt like a forever Dumbledore finally stopped talking. It's time to go to the dorms to pack our suitcases. But it's too damn busy in the hallway and we didn't have breakfast yet we stay for a bit longer. I munch on a piece of sloppy French toast when Barty comes up to us with Evan following closely. ''This got delivered to the Slytherin table for you.'' Barty hands me a couple of letters. ''By the way, you guys need to switch ties.'' Evan points out. Those letters weren't what I expected. I thought I would find letters of people wishing me a happy birthday. But I couldn't be more wrong. My face hardens as I see who these letters are from. My mother. My mother who I saw last at Christmas 2 years ago. I don't open the letters. I shove the letters in my pocket and get up to finally go to the dorms.

Only after I packed my suitcase I even thought of opening the letters my mother send me. ''What's that?'' James asks me. He points at the letters I dropped on the bed 20 seconds ago. ''Just some letters my mother send me. They're probably death threats.'' James looks horrified. It's very normal for me to get death threats from my mother. Apparently that isn't how other mothers treat their children. He picks up one of them off the bed. He's only 3 sentences in and tears start rolling down his face. ''What's wrong?'' I ask him. ''Reg-'' His voice broke. He can't get the words out of his mouth. He hands me the letter. His hands shaking. When I read the first sentence I get his reaction. ''They can't...right?'' ''They unfortunately can.'' I can't hold the tears any longer. James immediately jumps up to comfort me.

Pandora shows up in the doorframe with puffy eyes. It is clear that she had been crying. ''I got the letter too.'' She says tears rolling down her cheeks. At Christmas 2 years ago we pretended we were dating so neither my or her parents would ask questions. We left as soon as we could to go to the Potters where we would spent the rest of the vacation. I can speak for the both of us when I say that we didn't think it would go that far. From this moment forward we didn't have freedom anymore. ''Can't you leave and never come back?'' James says while also wrapping his arms around Pandora. ''I wish we could.'' I answer him. ''But can't we at least try?'' ''No we can't.'' It finally hit James that we can't do anything to stop this.