Nothing is what it seems

*AU: James, Sirius and Remus own a pub in London. TW: abuse. & smut*

*James POV*

It's 4 pm and it's busy in the pub. I quickly call last call before we close. Sirius and Remus just got married a weeks ago. They leave tomorrow for their honeymoon in Franch. We close early today because we are going out for dinner tonight. We haven't been out much because of the pub. Tonight would be the only change to do it before their going to Franch for 3 whole weeks.

*the next morning*

''Bye.'' I pull Sirius into a hug. ''I'm going to miss you.'' I let Sirius loose again. ''We are going to miss you to.'' Remus hand slides around Sirius's waist. ''And remember, We know when a bottle of vodka goes missing.'' Remus's expression is burned to my very core. ''Awh babe, don't be so hard on him.'' ''Look Rem, you could just be nice to me like your husband.'' it doesn't feel weird calling Sirius Remus's husband. I've been doing it for years. Just to annoy them then but now they're actually married. ''But we need to go now.'' Sirius says. A few seconds later I hear the click of the front door closing.

*3 days later*

I'm cleaning in the pub. I'm wiping of the counters when there's a knock on the door. I walk over to the door. I'm not sure if I heard a knock. I choose to wait for a second knock. I don't need to wait long. The second knock seems more panicked than the first. I open the door quickly not knowing who is on the other side of the door. When the door is open I see a soaked, pale young man with thick, deep, black hair. ''Come in.'' I say and the young man looks up at me. Those eyes. I recognize them immediately. It's Regulus, Sirius's little brother. I let the young man in.

When we are both sat at the bar I ask the question I wanted to ask as soon as I saw him standing outside the pub. ''What is going on?'' I pour him a cup of coffee. He looks upset. ''My husband, Barty. He... He.'' ''It's okay you don't have to tell me.'' I say and I rub my hand over his shoulder. ''Do you want me to owl Sirius.'' I don't really know what to do with this. ''NO!'' He sounds panicked. ''Okay, okay I won't. I promise.'' His shoulders drop in relieve. ''You can stay here if you need to.'' His head nods slowly.

''Come I'll show you the house.'' He stands up before I could even finish my sentence. I reach for his hand like we used to do. Him being here brings up a lot of memories. To my surprise he doesn't pull away. I show him which door he needs to take to go from the pub to the house. ''I'll be in the house most of the time. So you won't have to worry about that.'' A sigh of relieve leaves him.

''You can stay here while I make us some dinner.'' He nods his head. He definitely talks less then I remember. I walk to the kitchen. I look in the fridge and there is nothing there that will make a meal for two people. So that means we're eating sandwiches today. Not the best dinner to give your guest. ''What do you want on your sandwich?'' I ask him. Nothing. The room stays silent. PB&J it is. When I'm done making our sandwiches I walk over to the couch. Reg is siting anxious in the corner.

The sound of me putting his plate on the table makes him flinch. ''What happened to you.....? In that room.'' I say while shaking my head in disbelieve. ''Nothing.'' He says. Tears rolling down his cheeks. ''Reggie, please.'' Tears forming in my eyes too. My heart breaks seeing him like this. ''Barty abuses me.'' He blurs out. Over the next hour he tells me everything. How Barty forces him to do everything in the house. And how he gets beaten up if he does something wrong. The way his human rights are taken away from him if he annoys his husband. ''I promise you never have to go there again.'' I say while pulling him in for a hug. ''Can I stay with you for the night. I don't want to sleep alone.'' I'm pretty shocked at his proposal but I agreed. I can't let him sleep alone. Not after all he's been through.