twenty four

Keziah.

March, 1998.

"What?" She stared at him.

"I have a surprise for you," Fred repeated, sitting on the edge of her bed.

"I don't want it." Her head shook as she inclined against the pillows behind her. "The last time you surprised me, someone died."

He made a face. "Right, obviously I didn't plan that," he said with a scoff.

"The death or the game?"

He shot her a look.

She laughed heartily. "I know, I know," she said gently.

"Hey, guys." Romilda walked into the dorm with Cedric Diggory behind her.

Keziah and Fred exchanged glances. "What was that surprise you said you had?" She was already getting out of bed.

Romilda and Cedric were always having sex. Even when Keziah was in the room. Even when Fred was there with Keziah. Romilda and Cedric would go under the sheets and make horrible attempts at being subtle. It was clear they were having sex and pleasing each other.

They also did not care that Keziah and Fred were wide-awake and witnessing. As though they were not quite literally six feet away from them.

Fred grinned at Keziah and rose from the bed. "It's outside."

She froze. "Fred."

"Yes?"

"It is nine o'clock at night," she slowly started, staring blankly at him. "Are you aware of that?"

"Yeah." He nodded and slid his hand into hers. "Come on, angel."

"Where are you guys going?" Romilda asked as she and the Hufflepuff relaxed on her bed, which would soon lead to sex.

"I'm surprising Kez," Fred answered pleasantly, and dragged said girl to the door.

"Wait." Keziah let go of his hand to grab a sweater from the hook. She slipped it on and put her sneakers on before holding his two fingers. "Okay."

"See you guys." Fred shut the door behind them as they left.

"Why are we going outside at night?" Keziah looked up at him. "It's cold."

"You trust me?" He met her stare with golden eyes that nearly sparkled with excitement.

"Not really." But she knew he would never do anything to hurt her.

His eyes rolled at her comment and they walked down the girls' dormitory steps. "Just wait and see, pretty lady," he said lowly. He was already wearing a sweater, sweatpants, and his sneakers. Clearly he had planned something before he went to get her.

"Keziah." Fred tore through the comfortable silence as they walked down the corridor.

"Yes?"

"Why does Malfoy have a bite mark on his neck? I noticed it earlier."

" When did you notice that?"

"I saw him in the library with Parkinson. Why does he have them?"

"Because I bite."

"But you can't bite him during sex."

"Why not?"

"You can only bite me."

"Says who?"

"You always did it to me."

"Because I was dating you, Fred." Her eyes rolled at his comment. "I wasn't going to go around and start biting random lads."