Prologue

Travers Manor, five months before the end of the First Wizarding War

The world seemed void of any type of light or hope these past months. Dark magic was spreading around the country like a disease, but today there was a tiny spark of light. The Travers family had a new family member, a beautiful baby girl. The parents were thrilled and amazed by their beautiful daughter and the future they had planned for her. A whole new generation of deatheaters which she would be a part of. Her parents were already loyal followers and she wouldn't be any different. The next day, the parents summoned their Dark Lord, Voldemort.

He showed up almost immediately. "Edward! Everly! I assume you have summoned me because the child is born", he said in a slightly irritated tone. The father stepped forward to greet his leader. "Yes, my lord. She is healthy and just perfect." The Dark Lord looked sceptical at one of his most loyal followers, before he turned to the new mother. "Everly, show me the child." She gestured to a crib in the middle of the room. It was a little white dot in the very dark and cold manor.

Voldemort made his way to the innocent baby girl and stared at her. He kept staring for a while until he reached for his wand. The parents watched in horror, expecting the worst, but they didn't dare to move. The Dark Lord muttered a charm and suddenly the room was filled with a bright white light. The magical core of the girl was floating in front of his face. "Interesting... She will be an excellent occlumens and legimens. She has a very powerful magical core, already." The bright light faded and Voldemort turned to Edward and Everly. "Your promise is accepted. When she's eighteen, she'll join me and I'll train her. I can't let a powerful, pure blood witch like her join the side of the Order." The last word was barely spoken before he aparated away.

The parents were thrilled. Their daughter got accepted by their Dark Lord and would be one of the most powerful witches of her generation. Edward and Everly didn't know that Voldemort did more just now than watch her magical core. They also didn't know that they would die at the end of the war. The girl would be taken away by the Order and carefully placed in the muggle world. Rumours went around about a powerful baby witch that was promised to Voldemort, but she was never found and eventually in the chaos of the war she got forgotten.