3. Travers

Sophia

After two hours of trying to cram the history of Spain into my head, I was overdue for a coffee break and a walk with Ellie. When I opened my door to the hall, I heard voices downstairs. Probably mom with the delivery guy for yet another package of Charlotte. I went down the stairs and passed by my mom and the open front door when I heard my name in a voice I recognized from a few days ago. I turned around cursing the universe that I was in pajama pants and an oversized sweatshirt.

Blaise stood in the front door opening with my mom next to him who was smiling excited. He was wearing black jeans and a grey cable knit with the same black coat from the last time I saw him. He looked ridiculously handsome and I almost forgot how to talk. "Hi, I'm sorry. I called to let you know I was on my way", he said with a small smile. I actually had no idea where my phone even was right now. "Oh, I was studying, sorry", I said, taking a step towards him. Mom looked between us and opened the door further. "Come in, Blaise. It's too cold to stay outside. Do you want some tea or coffee maybe?", she asked already walking to the kitchen. "Some coffee would be lovely, Mrs. Brennan", Blaise said as he came inside. Mom turned around with a smile and nodded before she went inside the kitchen.

I turned to him. "I'm so sorry. I didn't see or hear your call. Are you okay?" He took off his coat and put it on one of the hooks next to the door. "Yeah, I'm okay." He scanned me up and down. "Finals?" I nodded and he laughed. "I can relate to the comfy clothes, but I can't relate to still looking good in them", he said giving me a smile. My cheeks had to be bright pink right now. "Somehow I find that very hard to believe", I countered. His eyebrow shot up, surprised by my wit. "Let's sit down instead of standing here in the hallway", I said walking to the living room. "Oh, wait", I said turning around and bumping against a hard muscled body. I looked up at him. He was smiling. "Are you okay with dogs? " He chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, I've always wanted one."

As soon as we sat down on the couch, Ellie was all over him, but he didn't mind. He was laughing the whole time she tried giving him kisses. "Ellie, stop. Get down." Ellie got off the couch as soon as she heard mom. "I'm so sorry Blaise. She gets very excited when we have people over. Here's your coffee." Blaise took the cup from my mom and gave her a grateful smile. "Thank you so much, Mrs. Brennan." Mom gave me a wink, already content that he was so polite. "Alright, I'll leave you two to talk", she said walking away again.

We both seemed to wait until we heard a door close. "Your mom is amazing", he said taking a sip from his coffee. I smiled. "Yeah, she really is." He let out a little laugh and put his drink down. He turned to me and his expression became serious. I suddenly got nervous, even scared for what he was going to say. "Sophia, when I ran off last time, it was actually to get some more information about you. My best friend called to say he might have something. You met him, Draco", he waited for me to nod before he went on. "His mother knows a lot about families in the wizard world and she knows your biological one."

Oh my god. If I wasn't anxious before I definitely was now. I let out a shaky breath and started fidgeting with the blanket on the couch. Blaise noticed and put his hand over mine. "Do you want to know what she told us?", he asked stroking my hand with his thumb. I nodded. "I need words, love", he said and if he said that in a different situation I would probably melt at the spot. "Yes, tell me please." For years I wondered why I had that tattoo and why I felt flames when I got angry, now I was going to hear why. "It's long story because I'll have to explain some other things too for it to make sense, but you have to hear me out first" I nodded and he took a deep breath before starting.

"Alright. Twenty years ago, there was a man named Voldemort who was hungry for power in the wizard world. He wanted all the witches and wizards who had muggle blood gone. He started gathering others who supported him so he could gain more power. My parents, my friend's parents but also your biological parents joined this man. To be a part of his army, you received a mark, just like the one we have and you became a deatheater. Now your biological family, Travers, was a very powerful one but they were also very devoted followers of Voldemort and when your biological parents were expecting you, they promised you to him. When you would turn eighteen, you would get the mark."