Chapter 7

Recap : "Not that easily Mr. Detective"

THIRD PERSON'S POV
After the short meeting, the three left the Crime Branch and Beomgyu sat inside his car along with Kai and Taehyun. The three reached The Choi Mansion and as soon as the three entered the house, they ran their gaze through the living room but found no one.

Taehyun was walking on the staircase but was still looking at the living area and he didn't look in front. Just when he looked in front, he saw a girl walking down and that too close to him. He then saw her losing balance but he was standing close to her so he was able to save her. The girl landed right in his arms and she closed her eyes in fear but when she didn't feel any pain, she opened her eyes to see a guy holding her by her waist. Taehyun's heart never beated this faster in his entire life. Both felt like they were alone and were losg in each other's eyes but they didn't know they got a whole audience enjoying the show.

"Damn! Am I witnessing a movie scene?"
It was Minjeong who said that.

"Seems like it."
Yeonjun said with a faint smile.

"Wow, look at Taehyun! He's blushing!"
Beomgyu said and Kai was literally jumping.

"Kiss! Kiss!"
Kai cheered.

There was another pair of eyes watching the whole scene. It was Ryujin who just came outside from her room. She had a little smile on her face. When she saw everyone enjoying the scene, her smile grew wider.

"Minjeong! I-"
All of them glared at the person who interrupted in their entertainment. It was Minjeong's best friend, Jimin.

"-I was saying that I will come back later!"
Jimin changed her tracks after realising the whole situation but now Taehyun and the girl went back to normal.

"Why are you leaving now?"
Minjeong walked towards Jimin who now stopped at Minjeong calling her.

"Oh hey Jimin!"
Yeonjun said to Jimin. He had a smile on his face while talking to her which didn't go unnoticed by anyone. Even Ryujin who was watching the whole scene from afar found something in Yeonjun's eyes for Jimin.

"I want you to meet someone!"
Jimin said with excitement.

"Really? Who is it?"
Minjeong asked with the same level of excitement.

"First come with me!"
Jimin held Minjeong's hands and started dragging her.

"Where to?"
Yeonjun asked while raising his brows. After all that happened to Minjeong and Jimin last time, he didn't want them to go alone.

"I'll drop you both."
Yeonjun declared as he took the car keys from the table. Jimin and Minjeong knew Yeonjun's care so they didn't deny and the three left.

"Chaeryeong!"
Ryujin yelled and the girl on the stairs with Taehyun rolled her eyes and looked at Ryujin.

"Did you train Minjeong?"
She asked while raising her brows and Chaeryeong started stealing glances from her. Ryujin then started walking towards Chaeryeong who had her head lowered.

"Damn she's beautiful."
Kai said getting mesmerized by the appearance of the short haired girl who had worn black clothes from head to toe.

"Train Minjeong? What for?"
Beomgyu asked while looking straight into Ryujin's eyes who's eyes got stuck on Beomgyu. She didn't reply to him; it almost seemed like she didn't even listen to what he said. She was looking at him with a little smile.

"She asked Ryujin to teach her self defense but Ryujin had errands to do."
Chaeryeong said after knowing that Ryujin won't reply to him. Beomgyu nodded at her.

"So now you'll train her?"
Beomgyu asked to which Chaeryeong nodded.

"Cool."
Saying that, he left for the garden followed by Kai. Taehyun too started walking away but now he had a smile on his face. He looked at Chaeryeong who turned her face away in shyness making his smile grow wider.

Chaeryeong was so lost in her world that she didn't even realise that her friend went in the same direction as the boys.

Meanwhile, Ryujin's eyes were on a search for the sight they started to like. Her eyes were finally on that one person  she wanted to see. She then started walk
walking towards the person and stopped in front of him.

"Yes, Ms. Ryujin?"
Beomgyu inquired, feeling the weight of her stare.

"I need to talk to you,"
she stated, causing Kai and Taehyun to step away, respecting their privacy.

"What's on your mind?"
Beomgyu asked, taking a cautious step back as Ryujin approached. His hand tensed as she unexpectedly intertwined her fingers with his.

"Ms. Ryujin, what are you-"
He began, but Ryujin silenced him with a gentle touch to his lips, her presence sending him tingles in his stomach and his heart beated faster than ever. The scenario felt surreal, like he was an innocent boy in front of a mafia boss, Shin Ryujin. Leaning in close, her warm breath tickled his ear.

"I really like you."
She confessed in her raspy voice sending shivers down his spine. Beomgyu's eyes widened in disbelief.

"You what?!"
He blurted out, struggling to regain his composure as Ryujin stepped back.

"I..."
She said in a lower voice but to Beomgyu's fear, she started yelling out loud making the three, Kai, Taehyun and Chaeryeong, who just came at the scene, freeze at their spots.

"I'm in love with you, Choi Beomgyu!"