001

ADONIS MONAÍ WHITE | 20
JULY 24TH, 2023
📍ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI

8:36pm

I walked into the gas station going to the back, grabbing a core water bottle and gatorade. I then walked to the candy section, grabbing some peanut butter m&ms.

As I made my way to the register, I heard the door bell thingy ring indicating someone walked in. I looked up seeing a tall figure dressed in all black, ski mask on, dreads hanging in his face, making it hard for me to see who it was.

I put my stuff on the counter as the cashier began ringing it up. As he bagged my items he told me the price "$4.67". I grabbed my phone going to apple pay to pay but was stopped when the same guy I saw walk in put a sprite on the counter.

"Russian cream sweet woods" his deep voice boomed out. The cashier gave it to him as he payed for it. He gave him the receipt, "Thanks but you didn't have to" I told ole dude and made my way out the store.

"Adonis" I heard the same guy call out making me turn around. He walked over to me, making me anxious cause who tf is you?

"Long time no see Doni" he continued, instantly realizing who mystery man is. "Mazi?" I tilted my head to the side. Amazi then pulled me into a tight ass hug, "I missed you Doni" he said into my neck, hugging me tighter as if I was gonna let go.

"I missed you too, Amazi" I said, pulling away from the hug. He stared at me intensively, looking to the side off rip.

He chuckled

"Got all grown and still can't hold eye contact" he laughed, turning my face back to his. I waved him off, looking back to the side.

"Say? Where yo car at" he asked.. "Don't got one" I replied. "Mmm"

It was silent for a moment, as we both stood in the same spot. "Come on let's go on a ride" he put his hand out, grabbing it on cue. We walked to his grey 2021 Alpha Romeo Giulia and got in.

I got comfortable in my see as Amazi pulled off. I looked out the window as many thought ran through my mind.

I had so many questions hoping to get some answers.

_______

10:21pm

Me and Amazi sat in his car smoking our third wood. "What happened after I left" I finally asked, turning towards him, putting all my attention on him.

He looked at me inhaling the smoke, then blowing it out to the side. "Police came and took me in, ain't nothing else happen" he shrugged, making me sigh because him and I know that ain't what all happen.

I just stared waiting til he gave in. "When I got took in, I was put into juvie, when I turned 18, I was charged as an adult for 1st degree murder, voluntary manslaughter, 1st degree manslaughter and possession of a stolen gun and was convicted with a Class D Felony. I got out on parole with 5 year probation though" he explained.

"Why'd you take the charge Mazi? We could've ran together" I wondered. "Because I rather get caught than you. Jail ain't for a pretty girl like you Doni. Yo ass too fragile for jail, besides they deserved it. It was already too late but I did those crimes and served my time." he continued.

"We both killed them though Mazi, I could've went down with you." I let off my chest. "No Doni. I killed them" he spoke up. "Don't let me hear you say that again tho" he stared at me. I nodded looking off to the side, rubbing my ear for comfort.

"How you been Mazi? Y'know since you been out" I asked. "I been skraight, question is how you been" he passed me the wood. "I been okay, life wasn't the same when you was gone. I had insomnia bad" I answered hitting the wood.

He nodded still looking at me. Mazi started smiling making me turn and hide my face. "Say you still my bestie lil girl, bet nobody got my place in yo life either, we'a get to fighting innis bitch" he got all in my face,. I mushed his head laughing, little do he know.

"I actually have a girl bestfriend. Her name is Junei" our laughter died down. "Fuck Junei, I'll kill her" he playfully pushed me, making me laugh. "I real life missed you tho Doni, we needa make up all this time girlypop" he grabbed the wood from me putting it out, letting the windows down.

"Bestie sleepover?" I cheesed in my seat hoping he would say yes. "Corny ahh la girl" he said, I sucked my teeth. "My place or yours" I asked.

"Mines babygirlll" he exaggerated. My high ass still cheesing. "I need to get some clothes bestie" I told him, unlocking my phone putting my address in, giving him my phone.

"Fuck allat it's too late we finna go skraight to my crib" he grabbed my phone and his putting it under him, starting the car back up and pulled off.

"Boy give me my phone" I asked with my hand out. "No, bonding time lil girl" he mushed my head.

_______

12:49AM

"Mazi I need to shower. I told you I needed to go back home" I complained cause he knew this. He laughed, waving me off, going into his big ass closet.

Still in shocked he living lavish after getting outta prison. He bounced back and went up, proud of my bestie. Don't know how he did it but i'm tryna get like him.. My turn now, already got the crib, just need a car.

He came out his closet with boxers, t-shirt and adidas jogging pants and a blunt in his mouth. He gave me the clothes and I went into his connect bathroom to shower.

After about 30-45 minutes later I was done and out the shower. Leaving his bathroom I went into his room with my dirty clothes, standing there, seeing him sprawled out on his bed at the bottom, one hand in his pants and his arm over his eyes.

I laughed placing my clothes in his hamper, getting at the top of bed, getting under the cover, going to sleep.

@pynkamiri
—vote n comment