004

OMNISCIENT
DECEMBER 13TH, 2019
📍ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI

ST. LOUIS CITY JUSTICE CENTER
(flashback)

"You have a new cell mate boa" the fat, middle aged, correctional officer spoke to imprisoned Amazi. Amazi only ignored him as he continued to stare of into space like he usually did.

He honestly ain't think it was the right idea to be given a new cell mate especially since what happened the last time.

The sound of keys jingling and the CO talking could be loudly heard by the boy but he still didn't pay it no mind.

Movement could be heard all throughout the dingy cell.

Amazi finally took the moment to look up and his eyes met with a slinky body. He analyzed the boy who looked to be no older than 18 but probably 16 or 17.

"Name" he asked, getting to the point. Amazi felt the need to know who he was around on a precaution level.

"Tekari, you"

"Amazi..." he said before it got silent.

"Whatchu in here fa" he asked him, snapping the boy out of his thoughts as he looked over at Amazi.

"carjacking, what 'bout you" he questioned him back.

"I killed 4 people for my bestfriend and possession of a stolen gun, why you stealing people cars foo" he laughed it off. Thinking of the situation brought back many memories he didn't want to relive, so he kept it short.
.
"Ion een know man, fast life type shi, why you taking people guns" he shot back.

"Safety nigga" Amazi chuckled.

"yo bestfriend" Amazi brought his head up as his facial expression made a questionable look."hm?"

"They still around" Tekari asked. Amazi only shrugged his shoulders. He wish he could be with her right now watching their favorite movie; boyz n the hood, or could be outside playing games they made up.

"Her name Adonis. We been close since babies. Our once parents were best friends, that's why we so joint to the hip. I told her to get away when it happened, I don't know though... wish I can hear her voice assum" he smiled at the thought of his best friend as he brung her up.

He wondered what she could be doing at this moment.

Where would she be right now? Did she look the same? Does she still have the soft voice he always thought she had when they were younger? Did she at least make some new friends? So much ran through his mind about Adonis.

From the day he was took in and to the days whenever he gets released, once he's out he would be searching everywhere for her. He only wanted to see her, talk to her, be with her, anything.

He desired only her presence and he was going to be in it no matter what.

"I hope you ain't talking bout li ole Adonis White cause if you is she talks about a nigga named Amazi all day" Tekari laughed as tried to put 2 and 2 together coincidentally. "Nigga that's me, how you know my bestie foo" Amazi asked shockingly. To his surprise Adonis actually made a friend within the years.