Chapter Five

December 19, 2023
Monaco
Fallon

I woke up with a groan. Light was flooding in. That wasn't right—I always had my black out curtains closed. I rubbed my eyes and turned on to my side. That's when it hit me. Cologne. And it definitely wasn't Neymar's. I sat straight up. I was in an unfamiliar room.

"Good morning, Fal."

I whipped my head around and saw Max. He was standing in the doorway with just a pair of basketball shorts on. He gave me a kind smile and walked over to the bed. All the events from the previous night or maybe really early in the morning came flooding back.

"Sleep alright?"

"Yeah. Yeah," I nodded, "thanks again for letting me stay here."

"Of course. Your phone has been blowing up by the way," he tossed me my phone.

I caught it easily. I quickly unlocked it and let out a groan. I had over 100 text messages. They were mainly from Arthur. A few were from Charles, Lorenzo, Lily, and my mum. I also had a slew of missed calls.

Apparently Neymar didn't go home last night from the club. That made me nervous. He had cheated on me while we were in Brazil over the sunmer. He and his friends went to the club while I stayed home not feeling great because I was on my period. Neymar begged me to take him back, saying it was a horrible thing for him to do. That's when he first told me he loved me.

How could I not take him back?

"You okay? You just got really pale," Max rested a hand on my shoulder.

"Ney didn't go back to our place last night," I whispered, "and he's still not home."

"Oh shit," Max frowned.

"I-I need to get back home."

"Okay. I can take you there."

"Thank you so much, Max."

"Of course. I'll be outside in my car."

I nodded and quickly got out of bed. I was in one of Max's shirts. I picked up my dress, bra, and heels. I hurried into the bathroom. I took off Max's shirt and got back into my bra and dress. I fastened my heels and looked in the mirror.

My make up was smudged, and my hair was a mess. I frowned and turned the sink on. To waited for the water to heat up before washing my face off. I pat my face dry and then went back into the bedroom. I grabbed my bag and purse.

I walked through Max's condo and down the stairs. I went outside and saw him sitting in his Porsche 911 GT3 RS. I walked over as he got out. He was still shirtless, but he had put on one of his Red Bull hats and a pair of black Ray Bands. He opened the door for me with a smile.

"Thanks, Max."

"Mhm."

He shut the door and then went over to his side. He jumped in and turned the car on. I smiled hearing the purr. I had developed an appreciation for the best cars.

I leaned my head back on the leather rest and looked out the window. The streets of Monaco blurred by. I watched carefully for the spots I knew best. It made me smile. I loved Monaco. It was home. Paris was not home. And Saudi Arabia was definitely not home. I wasn't sure if Brazil would feel like home either.

"What's on your mind, Lady Lec?"

"Oh no, not that," I groaned with a small laugh.

"If you're gonna call me Mad Max, then I get to call you Lady Lec," Max shot me a smirk as he waited at the stop light.