Chapter Twelve

December 31, 2023
Monaco
Fallon

I was putting on jewellery that my favourite blue dress. It was the one I had wanted to wear to Jimmy'z the night we first arrived but ended up wearing a white dress for Neymar. I paired it with silver heels with a chunky heel. There was knock on my door. It was only a second before Charles' head popped in. I smiled at him.

"Salut."

"Ça va?" He opened the door and walked in.

"Ça va," I nodded.

"How are you feeling?" He leaned against my dresser.

I paused from securing my necklace on. I sighed and looked in the mirror. It had been a tough couple of days since I broke up with Neymar. He hadn't stopped blowing my phone up. I eventually just blocked his number because I couldn't handle it. I didn't know if he was still in Monaco or not, but I assumed he went home to Brazil to lick his wounds as soon as he could. I also figured he was now throwing his own New Year's Eve party. hadn't even told him about Danny's. He never knew that I was going with Max.

"I'm better today. I feel a bit calmer."

"Good," Charles took my hand, "Max is here."

"Great!" I stood up and grabbed my clutch.

"Fallon, I love you, but please don't use my friend as a rebound."

I sighed a little and ran my fingers through my hair. I knew where he was coming from, "I won't. Max is a good friend of mine. I know that Kelly dumped him only a few months ago, so I'm sure neither of us are ready for something new."

Charles nodded, "good. You look beautiful, by the way."

"Thank you. You look handsome. Mister Player not wearing a shirt with your jacket," I teased.

His cheeks flushed as he laughed, "tais-toi."

"Nah," I shook my head, "I don't think I will."

The two of us laughed before walking out of my room. Charles offered me his arm. I accepted as we walked to the stairs. We began going down together.

I spotted Max waiting not far from the bottom of the stairs. He was in a white button down with the top few undone and a black jacket. He had on black jeans and bright white sneakers. He turned around when he heard my heels clicking on the marble staircase. I saw his eyes light up before he straightened his jacket. Charles and I made it to the bottom of the stairs, and Max walked over.

"Hey."

"Hi."

Max gave me a hug and a kiss on my cheek, "you look great."

"Thank you. So do you."

"You two kids have fun, but I want her back at a reasonable time," Charles crossed his arms and fake glared at Max.

Max laughed, "mate, it's New Year's Eve! I don't think a reasonable time exists."

We all laughed. I turned and hugged Charles tightly. We kissed each other's cheeks. Max offered me his arm, and I accepted. We walked to the front door which he opened for me. We then walked to his car. He had selected his Aston Martin DB11 for the night.

"Feeling like James Bond are you?" I smiled as he opened the door.

"Maybe a little," he smirked.

I got into the car carefully. Max closed the door and walked to the drivers' side. He got in and started it up. The engine purred to life which made both of us smile. He turned and winked at me which made me blush and look down.