Chapter Seven

December 19, 2023
Monaco
Lily

"It's good to be back." Pierre pulled out his luggage from the trunk, along with his girlfriend's. We had just arrived home- well, my home. The apartment was on the top floor, so Fallon made sure to snag an elevator.

I punched my brother in his shoulder and smiled, "You should come back more often."

"And witness you pine over Arthur? No thank you." He shook his hair, almost falling over with all the bags in his hands. "A little help, maybe?"

I closed the trunk and walked past him. "Sure thing, bro."

Kika glanced over her shoulder, giggling, before she stepped into the elevator with the Leclerc. I followed after them and we waited for Pierre to appear in front of the doors. Fallon held her arm in front of the metal. The doors tried to push close but were forced back. "Hurry up, tripod!"

"Oh God." I groaned, closing my eyes in the process. My fingers flung to my temple, squeezing indefinitely. "I'm sorry, Kika."

"It's fine." She chuckled, glancing at Fallon with a smirk. "I can confirm he's definitely a tripod."

Fallon's eyes widened and she turned bright red in the cheeks, "Oh I didn't mean it like that-"

"Gross!" I shoved Kika with my hip. "You remember he's my brother right?"

"Oops." She placed a warm hand on my shoulder. "My bad."

"Don't apologize to my sister." Pierre fumbled inside, grunting and groaning under all the weight of the bags. "Lily, my girlfriend never does anything wrong. Ever. Period."

He snapped a finger for dramatic effect.

I glanced at Fallon and sighed. "See what I'll have to deal with?"

"Love." Fallon chuckled, moving out of the way of the elevator doors. She crossed her arms and pressed her back against the cool, metallic wall. "Something our dear Lily likes to hide."

"Oh shut up." I dismissed her quickly.

"Is your mom still throwing dinner tonight?" Pierre patted the top of his suitcase like a drum, his nervous habit. "I could really use some of mamá Leclerc's cheese bread."

Fallon turned grey in the face, like a ghost. She rubbed the back of her head as the elevator came to a halt at the top floor. "She's not feeling that great today... I'm sorry. I don't know what we'll do for dinner, but I know my brothers will want to see you."

"I'm sorry to hear mamá Leclerc isn't feeling good." Pierre frowned slightly, before continuing. "I want to see the trio too. And isn't your boyfriend here too? Neymar? Have you guys been having fun without us?"

Kika led the group out of the elevators, leaving Pierre to grab all the bags again. I'm sure Fallon was grateful, considering she was kind-of lying through her teeth. She waited for my brother to appear in the hallway again. "Yeah, we only got here yesterday, so..."

I took the opportunity to speak. "We all went out last night to celebrate their arrival. How about we do that tonight? We can go to Amber Lounge."

"Oooo." Kika rubbed her hands together like a menace. "I like the way you think, Lily."

"You guys went partying before the life of the party arrived? How rude." Pierre rolled his sea-green eyes. "But I'm down. Is Max here too or is he back in Amsterdam?"

"He's here." Fallon told him with a soft smile growing on her lips. "He'll be here for the holidays."

"Nice." Pierre grinned. "Anyone else?"