Rody!

(I know Vince is just a nickname for Vincent, but because you knew Rody's nickname for him BEFORE you even met the guy, it's kinda stuck)

**Your POV**

Weeks have gone by, and you had a feeling today was different. When you walked up to the bistro, a bike was outside. You smiled and self-consciously covered your scar as if it were to scare the new waiter off.
When you walked in, you greeted Rody, who was at the cash register, taking payment from a customer. "Good morning!" He replied and asked, "How many?" You chuckled, "I'm the other waiter. I guess you're the newbie?" He paused; he wasn't expecting a waiter to work with. Rody quickly introduced himself, before cursing under his breath and scrambling off to take another order.

When the order was taken, he went to go clean off a table. You walked over and took the plates from his arms. "I think the trash is full. I'll help." You said, before walking off. Stuffing everything in your hands (that wasn't plates/cups/utensils) into the trash with practiced ease, before lifting the whole bag over your shoulder.
You walked out the door, dropped it in the dumpster, and got back to work. You did this all with one hand, your teacup still in your other, half full. Taking a sip, you went to the register to take someone's money. You sat somebody else down, but before you could do anything else, Rody quickly cut in, taking orders. So, you laid low, sipping tea and seating people while Rody did the rest. You understood where he was coming from. He was the newbie who wanted to prove himself.

"This is no time for you to slack off." Vince hissed, when you walked by him to take out the trash. You grinned, "I know, but Rody's doing so well. He just wants to prove himself useful, and I don't want to 'go easy' on him just because he's new." The chef didn't say anything else.
The bistro started to empty out at dusk. It was around closing time, and you had just taken some plates from Rody when he asked, "What happened to your fingers?" You looked down at my hands for a moment. They were scarred from all those times picking up shattered booze bottles, although you lied about that and said, "I rush when I cook at home. Keep catching my fingers on the knife."

As you turned to walk away, he said, "You never told me your name." Silence. "Y/n." you answered after you had gathered your wits. You decided taking out the trash in a hurry as to avoid more questions was the best way to go. When you came back, he commented, "Man, you're short." you rolled your eyes, scoffing loudly and letting out a quiet, "I know."
You grabbed your cup and started walking, while he snatched his bike and walked it alongside you. He walked with you until you got to your apartment, which he informed you that his was only a few blocks farther. You wondered why he'd need a bike.

You crumpled onto your bed, staring at the ceiling. A jab of pain in your chest told you to take your binder off, but you didn't want to. Another stab, and you were getting up, groaning. You locked the door, closed your curtains, and changed, avoiding mirrors at all costs.
With a baggy shirt and pants, you curled into bed, and fell asleep before you could eat your leftovers (Vince had been giving you leftovers too, although you doubted that they would be made out of Mannon's parts, as those meals were made specifically for Rody).

It was raining when you woke up. You did your usual, routine, but before leaving, you grabbed an umbrella. You sprinted over to Rody's apartment. He was just about to get on his bike when he spotted you.
"Oh, hey Y/n!" He greeted, stopping what he was doing to talk to you. You shoved the umbrella in his hands and scrambled to the bistro before he could protest. You didn't like umbrellas. Once, you were walking with a friend and the umbrella closed down on you two. You've had Claustrophobia ever since- and refuse to go under any umbrellas.

When you walked in, Vince stared for a second. Your hair had flattened against your face, dripping wet. Your clothes were mildly damp, but your socks had acted like sponges. "You're soaked!" He complained, tossing a towel (though it hit you in the face) to you.
You couldn't see, and when you tried to take it off to dry yourself, he towered over you and started to dry your hair FOR you (probably because you were taking too long). It only took a few seconds before your hair poofed up, rich with volume.

He removed the towel and paused. You looked up at him, confused. He cupped your cheek with a cold hand, running his thumb over the scar leading to your eye.
You realized that it was probably visible now that your hair was out of the way. "I wonder..." He muttered to himself (you probably weren't supposed to hear that) and walked away, with a quick, "Get to work, you moron!"

You did as he said, though because Vincent's reaction was mild, you decided to pull your hair up into a small bun, showing off your scar. Only ten minutes later, Rody came in. When he saw you, he shoved the umbrella into your hands, saying, "Don't do that again. I won't use it."
He too, came soaking wet. You were hoping to change the ending, but at this rate, it was going to be near impossible. "Come on!" Vince groaned as saw him, having another towel just for the occasion. He dried Rody's hair. "A sorry isn't going to cut it, it's your second day, and you're already late!" he spoke as Rody tried to apologize.

They chatted about umbrellas and Vince's apartment, before the chef promptly shut him up and left, telling him to get working.
Nobody had come yet, so Rody just leaned on the wall as you stood by the door, waiting to greet someone. "Nice scar." He complimented, and you turned to him. Your face flushed slightly in embarrassment when he asked, "Where'd you get this one from?" You didn't have an immediate answer. 

When an idea popped into your head, you lied, "I'm an expert with knives (as you know), but I wasn't always like that. Looking back at it, it was kinda funny. My mother had entered the kitchen earlier then I had expected and startled me. I jumped a foot, and my hand jerked (still holding the knife), catching my face."
Rody laughed, "You should be more careful. I guess that's why you aren't on cooking duty." You sniggered, before greeting someone who came in. Rody went to sit them down and take orders, while you made sure to clear the trash can so the tables could be rid of scum.

You shivered as Vince watched Rody from hole in the wall.
When his eyes moved ever so slightly, you looked away, making sure to act as if you hadn't caught him staring at your co-worker, and about to stare at you. You could feel his eyes like daggers in the back of your neck.

With you, cleaning, greeting and taking cash, & him, sitting people down and ordering/giving food- you two made an amazing team.
The day dragged on by, and when it was over, you walked home alone, as Vincent had allowed you to leave early.