Ending 1 (ish)

**Vince POV**

I waited for him to find it and stuff it into his pocket before asking what he was doing. I asked (acting mad), "What are you doing in my room, Rody?" He stuttered, "I- I was looking for the bathroom. This was the first door down the hall-" I made sure to cut him off, "Get out." When we walked out and saw the Livingroom empty, he asked, "Where is everybody?"
I sighed, "The parted ended. Something came up." Rody asked, "Is everything okay?" My eyes widened for a moment. He cares? Since when?? "You should go home, Rody. We have work tomorrow." I said, and he spoke, "Yeah, right. My last day. I'll see you tomorrow, I guess. Goodnight Vince." I didn't expect him to do that either, making me feel somehow worse than before. "Goodnight, Rody."

He left, and I sat down on of my couches, staring at the glass table and wondering, 'What was Rody going to say?'

**Y/n POV**

I woke up happy and well-rested. I ran to work, tea in hand, but skilled enough not to spill it. I also had two extra cups for Vince and Rody to release some tension between them from after the party. When I walked in, Rody hugged me in greeting. All I could do is grin, handing him his cup I'd made him. "Extra sweet, just the way you like it." I said, and he asked, shocked, "How'd you know?"
I shrug, "What's the opposite of sweet?" Rody responds, "Bitter?" I nod, "I know you hate that." Rody takes a sip and perks right up. "I also put in a little caffeine." I add, but Rody doesn't seem to mind, sitting down costumers as I walked over to the hole and look through. Vince was staring at me, though he didn't dare move.

"I made you tea, lemon grass. It'll be in the kitchen when you want it." you say, and leave. You set it next to his office door on a very convenient table.
It wasn't in the game, but you guessed certain details went unseen in the game. You took out the morning trash, before waiting some more tables. Rody inserted the tickets you gave him, while you took the food to the tables.

At the end of the day, Rody said to Vincent, "I quit." Vince, shocked, asks, "Pardon?" Rody explains, "You said this was only a temporary replacement. I've got enough money." Vincent frowns, "Well the position's still open. Y/n can't work on his own. Though, at first you seemed pretty desperate to get a job here, are you sure? Did you like the meals at least?"
Rody sent him a questioning glance and Vince elaborated, "The leftovers." Rody nodded, "I'll reheat them tonight. Goodbye, boss." Then, Rody left. I smiled, patting Vincent on the shoulder, saying, "I'll go walk him home. My shift's over anyways, but because I have no savings, I can't quit just yet. Sorry for being a burden- I'll get out of your hair soon enough."

The chef stops me, hands on my shoulders and turns me around. "Yes?" I ask, masking fear. I just hoped he wouldn't knock me unconscious and stick me in the freezer room. Even with the pocketknife in my pants pocket, I'd never have the guts to use it.
"You're not a burden." Vince admitted quietly, catching me off guard. I didn't trust myself to say anything, and just let him do all the talking. "You're getting a raise- please stay. I'd miss your tea." He says, smiling at me and looking at me in the eyes. It was so genuine I almost cried. He patted me on the back and let me go.

I nodded thankfully at him, before leaving after Rody. There the ginger was- a block down, crying in the phone box. I opened the door, but he didn't look at me immediately, as if he was zoned out. I helped him get to his feet, and he leaned on me as we walked to my apartment.
I sat him down in a chair and calmed him down. "She d-didn't answer my calls..." he sniffled, and I gave him a hug. He looked so broken- It hurt my heart. He was holding the leftovers Vincent gave him in one hand, gripping the arm of the chair he was sitting on with the other.

I took the food from him, throwing it in the trash. He looked at me, confused, but I said, "If Vince's food is bitter, and you're feeling bad, don't eat it, okay?" He hesitantly nods.
I make him some Chamomile tea, unlike the bee pollen one I'd given him in the morning. He fell asleep after a while, and I eased him into my bed, before falling asleep on the chair he'd been sitting on.

I woke up, wrote a note and set it on the kitchen table, before making my daily tea, though unlike usual, I made it with mint leaves. I usually hate mint, but I wanted to feel the burn today. I took a sip. It felt nice. After getting ready (and even making Rody some tea too), I left for work. Vince greeted me when I walked in, before asking, "I have tea, but I never make it right... Do you mind?"
I follow him to the kitchen and ignore the cooks curious glances as I grab the teabags. "You only have Hibiscus. Did you prefer the Lemon grass one I made you? I can go back and make another." Vince shook his head and said, "This is fine." He boils the water in the kettle, and I ask, "You can't taste, so why did you say that when you make it, it turns out bad?"

Vince shrugged, "It felt different." I smiled warmly, and when he caught me looking at him, he looked away embarrassed. Everyone in the kitchen was watching. "You helped make my tea that day." I said, and Vincent turned back to me.
I continued, "It was pretty good. Not too sour, not too sweet, bitter, but in the right way. I added some milk too, and it was probably the best I've had in a while. It definitely cheered me up, and when I got home, even after I realized I had gotten slightly sick (probably from overworking myself all of the time and getting no sleep at all) it made me feel a whole lot better."

Vince stops me, asking, "You haven't been getting any sleep the whole time you've been working here?" I nod and shrug, saying, "It's only been a few weeks. I dosed every hour or so after my shift."