𝘽𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙚𝙥𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧

Tim pulls up the covers and gets into bed. As he pulls the comforter over himself he lets out a soft, sweet, scoff to the little blush he saw form on Lucy's face that she so horribly failed at covering with the mug.

Lucy had changed into her pyjamas, tight, black shorts with a dark, navy blue T-shirt that says 'wild' in grey text on the back of it.

As she lays down attempting to find a comfortable position on the couch she reaches for her phone resting face down on the coffee table.

But she tosses and turns over, she just can't get comfortable. 'I just wanna be comfortable!' 'Fucking hell!' 'I'm gonna punch something." Lucy curses to herself in her head. "All I wanna do is lay down and play on my damn phone!" She yells in a whisper as she props up.

Lucy turns herself so her legs are over the couch. She runs her hand through her hair placing her phone back down to the coffee table in front of her. She is thankful that at least the sleepless nights wont cost her in the mornings for patrol...

Well for now anyway.

Incredibly 3 hours has rolled by. Lucy had dreadfully made peace with yet, unfortunately another sleepless night.

She had gotten up from to couch and is pacing back and forth in between the small space of the couch and the coffee table. She has her arms crossed in a way that lets her bite on her thumb nail as she contemplates life.

1:58am

Just as she sinks into the cushion of the couch Tim exits his room. She quickly lays down so be doesn't see she's awake. But she can't help but peak one eye open to look at him.

Rocking the bed head, hair due, His face all scruffy, eyes doused in sleep. Lucy finds it... Almost attractive?

'No, Lucy, shit, NO! No, NOT okay. You can't think like that. He is LITERALLY your training officer. Ugh! What the fuck is wrong with me.' Lucy tries her best to do a poker face while Tim groggily waddles to the bathroom. He doesn't seem to notice she's awake...

"I know you're awake."

"Shit." Lucy says as she slaps the covers beside her.
And holy fuck his voice is so hot when it's all full of tired.

Tim stops just outside the bathroom door.
"You're good at a lot of things... Acting ain't one of em." He carries his words as he shuts the door behind him.

"Haha, so funny." Lucy states back in a slightly louder tone so he can hear through the now shut door. He clearly does hear her statement because she can hear his quiet chuckle.

Lucy sits up, running her hands down her face. She can now hear the running tap water along the with the sizzle of the toilet calming.

Tim exits and sees Lucy clearly in despair. "Trouble sleeping?" He speaks through a loud yawn, Men-

"Like always." Lucy huffs as she lets her back fall. Tim's face softens but it still holds its tired look. He drops his shoulders and walks over, sitting down inches from Lucy. Was it intentional? Was it an accident? We~ well you will never know.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm keeping you company." Tim offers a smile and Lucy practically melts. The random effect of comfort he gives her, the slight shimmer in his eyes. Lucy can't comprehend why she is thinking this way.

"Oh you don't have to, I don't wanna keep you awake."

"Lucy~ I'm not just gonna leave you here. How am I supposed to even sleep knowing you're out here miserable."

Lucy smiles as she lets out a sharp breath through her nose. "Thanks." She replies back before they both exchange a smile before starting small, talk conversations.

After a few moments it goes quiet. They aren't sure what else to talk about. I mean they have talked about the weather, their favourite animal, and even politics.

"When do you think I'll be allowed to go back to work?" Lucy brings up. She feels useless, stuck, lost.

"That's really up to Grey. Depends on when he feels you are ready to come back. And importantly on how you feel." Tim responds with a soft tone. The look of remorse on his face is strong. He feels bad for Lucy and he wants her to he able to work~ everyone is worried about her. He is worried about her.

"Ugh! I hate this!" Lucy blurts out of absolutely nowhere. Nearly making Tim jump at the sudden outburst. "I just want to sleep, work, be able to be me! I'm so tired, so, so tired of everything!"

Tim can hear the strain in her voice and sees the tightness in her neck as she spoke. If he could he would just take all of her problems and chuck them out the window. It pains him deeply that he is limited on what he can do to help her, comfort her, anything for her.

He sighs a moment before speaking. "I'll be right back." Lucy nods with a very soft, quiet. "Okay." Tim raises from his spot on the couch and makes his way to the kitchen.

He looks through his tea bags. Tim is making Lucy a tea. It's the least he can do to try and help her relax and maybe get her tired enough to sleep, even if it's only an hour or 2. But he can't just sit and do nothing. It feels like a ball in his stomach every time he sees her cry. Or just a small look of sadness on her face. And when tears fall from her eyes. He can't stand it!

Lucy is waiting patiently on the couch picking at her thumbnail. She puts her hair behind her ear. Tim a few minutes later re-enters the room holding a mug.

"Here." He hands Lucy the mug as he reclaims his seat.

"Tim~ you didn't have to." Lucy's eyes practically sparkle once the warm smell fills her nose.

"I know, but I did. It's the least I can do." He gives a bright, reassuring smile and a small nod indicating for her to take a sip. And she does so.

"Hmm..." Lucy's drops her shoulders as the warm liquid travels through her throat sending an instant relief throughout her body, relaxing every muscle with ease.

"You're making my tea from now on." Lucy's mood changed drastically and that makes Tim feel so, so much better. "Deal..." He responds back. "Now I want one." Tim trails. Lucy giggles slightly as he ascends from the couch again and heads back to the kitchen to make himself a mug.