Chapter 5: Fusion Monster Sally

Yinshen's hand pressed against the colossal eye of the Fusion Monster, as if touching a gigantic, ice-cold crystal.

His will extended through the pupils, speaking in a commanding tone.

"Shed the spiral shell for me!"

Tentacles extended from beneath the coiled body, gradually lifting the shell on its back. The enormous shell, larger than the temple, was placed on the steps in front of the temple.

The Fusion Monster lay below, as if offering a gift to the god.

Yinshen initially just wanted to touch the shell, but upon contact, he found the shell floating.

With a thought, the shell floated higher and higher.

He could control this thing.

Yinshen felt like he had found a great toy. It was the first time he could touch and directly control something, as if it were a part of his own body. He could make it go wherever he wanted.

Attempting to move other things, he found it futile. The only thing he could manipulate was the shell.

Finally, with his thoughts, the massive shell gradually shrank.

Holding it in his hands, the shell resembled a horn.

It felt like blowing it would play the melody of life.

This was truly a miracle.

Yinshen gained a preliminary understanding of this mythical creation: "Can be controlled remotely and change in size."

"Things saturated with my power completely defy scientific laws."

Yinshen speculated.

The Three-Leaf People's power wasn't just limited to this; there should be more undiscovered powers and ways to use them.

But how to infuse other things with his own power, making them possess mythical abilities, remained a key puzzle for Yinshen.

Trapped in the folds of time and space, he could only rely on Leydelijie and the Fusion Monster to maintain his anchor in this universe. His current tentative plan was to create more Three-Leaf People to see if more anchors could be established.

It would be even better if he could have a body again.

These days, akin to a lost soul, were truly terrifying.

Yinshen held the shell and stood up.

He noticed the Fusion Monster, now more frightening without the shell, watching him.

Yinshen looked at the Fusion Monster. "Since you can change your form, then transform into a more comfortable appearance!"

"This look is somewhat scary."

Although there was currently only Yinshen, and the Fusion Monster couldn't frighten him, it was indeed a bit too ugly.

Sensing Yinshen's emotions, the gigantic Fusion Monster's fleshy body compressed towards the center.

Its size reduced, and the hundreds of eyes converged and twisted inside, gradually taking the form of a person.

The dense tentacles gathered, transforming into two legs like Yinshen's.

The Fusion Monster turned into a little girl wearing a white veil, green eyes, brown hair, barefoot, with pink-tinted toenails.

The veil-like outer garment was very elegant, wrapping her petite body securely.

Upon closer inspection, it was not so much clothing as something similar to a jellyfish umbrella, directly growing out from her body.

Transformed into a humanoid, it no longer felt like an object.

He gave a name to the Three-Leaf People, so he wouldn't discriminate. He decided to give a name to this life born alongside the Three-Leaf People.

"Sally!"

"Your name is Sally from now on!"

Fusion Monster Sally sat beside the god, leaning against the god's statue. Having a name, she did not show the same excitement as Leydelijie, or maybe she simply did not understand the difference between the names Fusion Monster and Lisa.

While swinging her legs, she made bubble-like sounds with her mouth.

"Gurgle~"

Like a fish blowing bubbles while chasing them, her empty eyes lacked any luster.

The mythical shell, called the biological machine bed by Yinshen, soaked in seawater, exposed only the top, forming a reef.

A large and a small figure sat on this reef.

Yinshen's gaze watched the births and deaths within the shell, emotions in his pupils ranging from anticipation to surprise, ultimately turning into disappointment.

Yinshen spoke to the Fusion Monster Sally, who played with water beside him, "Another failure."

"Sally, you're like a shady game lottery dealer; the odds are too low."

Sally kicked her legs, playing with the seawater.

If there were no commands, she seemed as if she couldn't hear Yinshen speak. Even if she understood, she probably wouldn't grasp the meanings of terms like shady, lottery, and dealer.

Yinshen continued to manipulate the mythical shell, starting another round of experiments and attempts.

One after another, failed products were created—life born only to immediately become inanimate, or creatures without intelligence.

These things then turned into nutrients, devoured by the shell, starting the process of creating new Three-Leaf People.

Countless failures, countless attempts.

The sun rose and set in an endless loop.

Yet, the lonely island and the ocean remained unchanged, as if to maintain this state until the end of time.

Yinshen finally succeeded; his success was about to break the monotony of this world.

One day, transparent insect eggs rolled out from the massive shell, floating on the sea surface from beneath. Under the sunlight, they sparkled like radiant gemstones.

This was the miracle of life and the birth of a species.

"Gurgle~!" Fusion Monster Sally cheered.

Whether she sensed Yinshen's ecstatic joy or the eggs on the sea surface, nobody could tell.

Recently busy carving stones in the temple and learning how to use the language of the gods, Leydelijie also felt the commotion and rushed to the shore.

Yinshen stood on the island, watching the newborn life.

Leydelijie stood behind him, looking at the lives floating on the ocean, identical to him.

Yinshen turned around, smiling at him.

"Success, Leydelijie."

"You."

"Have companions now."

Leydelijie's gaze became absent-minded; he was no longer alone.

This feeling was peculiar, and a strong sense of emotion echoed in his chest.

"So, this is a race."

Meanwhile, Leydelijie was still somewhat bewildered.

"God!"

"Now that I have a race, what should I do?"

He phrased it better this time.

Yinshen smiled, "You are their king. You should lead them to thrive, eventually establishing a civilization."

"A civilization belonging to you and the Three-Leaf People."

Leydelijie looked at the ocean, puzzled, "What is civilization?"

Yinshen gazed at the ocean, "Having your own writing, your own art and philosophy, the power to transform and understand the world. A collective created and condensed by a group of intelligent beings."

"It can be a city-state or a country."

"As for how to do it, it's up to you to decide."

Leydelijie looked at Yinshen's back, "Won't God teach me? Or should you be the one to start this civilization!"

"I listen to everything you say, God."

Yinshen shook his head, "I am the god who created you!"

"And you."

"Are their king."