Chapter 6: Race and King

In the warm waters of the nest, the eggs of the Trilobites began to hatch. Initially, they did not have a human form, resembling more of a bug than anything else. However, as they grew in the ocean, their once transparent exoskeletons gained color and hardness, no longer see-through.

Surviving by feeding on insects and ancient creatures near the shore, they faced no natural predators. After several years, they started to take on humanoid shapes. It was at this point that a voice echoed in their minds—the voice of the progenitor, the origin of their intelligence and consciousness.

"Come!"

"Come to me."

"Return!"

Under a powerful summoning force, the Trilobites crawled from the seabed onto the shores. Gathering at the base of the pyramid-like stone structure, they curiously observed their surroundings and gazed upon the divine temple.

Standing on the steps of the pyramid, Leidleykey welcomed them. He was the one who emitted the signal that called these lives. He extended his hand, revealing a smile—a genuine expression of joy.

Among the crowd, there was a special female Trilobite with a white exoskeleton, distinguishing her from the others. Leidleykey noticed her.

At first, he was puzzled, and then ripples of emotion surged within him. He did not understand what this feeling was; he did not know there was such a thing as liking.

Before the majestic temple, Yonshin, too, observed the first batch of Trilobites coming ashore.

"Trilobites?"

"Trilobites!"

"Called humans, but ultimately, unable to escape the insect's nature."

"Although gaining a human form, able to coexist on land and in the ocean, they are still bound by the sea."

"Need to reproduce in the ocean, still lay eggs, can only survive near the coast."

He looked behind him, at the desolate landscape resembling the surface of Mars.

The islands and the mainland were the same—barren.

In this ancient era, only the ocean seemed capable of harboring life. Life was challenging to reshape; it could only adapt to nature.

Under the gaze of the mythological creature Shashali, the Trilobites shivered, involuntarily kneeling. In the end, they lay prostrate beneath the pyramid, emitting whimpering sounds and incomprehensible murmurs.

Leidleykey stood at the base of the pyramid, joining the gazes of countless Trilobites looking upwards.

"That is the temple."

"And the messenger of God, Shashali."

These newborn lives did not comprehend what was happening or understand the term "messenger of God," but they could understand that above dwelled an ultimate being.

Turning back to face them, Leidleykey raised his hand.

"Tide rises!"

An irresistible force swept the coastline, lifting them off the ground, making them stand erect again.

"Rise!"

"Do not fear."

"Because you are the children of God, the followers of God, the chosen firstborn of the divine."

Leidleykey looked down on Shashali, or perhaps he had never regarded Shashali highly, as evidenced by the casual construction of the pyramid.

He considered himself the firstborn of God, and Shashali was nothing more than a servant, a representative of the divine.

The communication between Leidleykey and the Trilobites was not through spoken words but rather through willpower, directly imprinting his thoughts onto their minds.

Yonshin noticed this scene.

Just as he expected, Leidleykey's power surpassed mere intelligence. It was only fully manifested with the appearance of his race.

He could summon, control, and transmit his thoughts to every Trilobite. No one could resist his will.

In essence, he could control all intelligent life in this world.

This was Leidleykey's power, the power of intelligence and consciousness, emanating from the ancestral force in their bloodline.

Brimming with enthusiasm, the Trilobites worshipped Leidleykey, their gazes filled with infinite fanaticism.

Those eyes.

Similar to how Leidleykey looked at Yonshin.

Raising his hand, Leidleykey exclaimed, "From today onwards, we shall rule over land and sea, as the chosen race to govern the world for the gods."

"And I am your king—Leidleykey."

All Trilobites roared fervently, chanting incoherent and dissonant tones, producing guttural and meaningless sounds.

"King!"

"King!"

Yonshin was Leidleykey's creator, the god who granted him intelligence. Leidleykey, in turn, was their creator, the supreme ruler who bestowed life upon them.

Leidleykey led them to a valley behind the pyramid, carving caves into the rock walls, using stones excavated to construct a city.

Just as Yonshin had foreseen, Leidleykey established his own city-state and nation in this primitive wilderness.

These caves were connected to the ocean, creating a city in the valley and extending through the caves into the depths of the sea, where another city existed.

They lived on the island, worshipping the divine.

Feeding on the sea and reproducing in the ocean.

This place seemed like the mythical origin of life, akin to the creation of humans by Nuwa, an Eden of God.

This insignificant island on Earth had become the beginning of intelligent life, a utopia not meant for humans.

Finally, Leidleykey had a family.

He designated the female Trilobite with the white exoskeleton as his queen, and together, they naturally bore their first child.

Elated and eager, Leidleykey, holding his child, ascended the pyramid the moment he crawled from the sea onto the land.

The father and child ascended step by step, reaching the summit and kneeling before the temple.

He whispered to his child, "Look!"

"God is watching you there!"

However, his child gazed at the temple with confusion. Except for the giant statue and stone altar, there was nothing.

"There is nothing there, only some rocks."

Leidleykey felt an overwhelming chill. Looking at his child's eyes, there was heartache, disappointment, confusion, and a sense of helplessness.

He understood—his child could not see God.

His child did not experience the glory of seeing God or possess the talents bestowed by God.